Update on condition

So I did my angeogram today and they could not embolization it beocouse the doc said it was to close to a spinal feeder artery so the next step is to get it obliterated by clipping it. The angeogram was fine it took 4 hours for them to find the fistula in the t4 area and the anastasia made me feel sick but im on my way home now and will let everyone know when my surgery will be thanks for listening.

Jared this is common. I have multiple feeders t11, t12, l1 and 2. Only one has been a candidate for an embolization. The rest are not... I have had three angiograms over the years and one embolization (12/4/15). I am now waiting until March to clip the rest out. I have been told I can't have it all removed either, due to placement. But hope to have the majority removed. The embolization did nor relieve my symptoms as we had hoped so I am hoping by clipping it, I will get some relief.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted on your next step

Thanks Kathleen my surgery is going to be in march also, I hope you get relief.

I was treated for a Spinal AVM by a Dr. Creed Rucker at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tucson, Arizona, from Radiology Limited. He used a glue called Onyx and glued it shut. It took 3 Heart Catheterizations to go into the spine to complete. It worked he may be your answer.

Hello,
you can be happy: Cause now they know the exact location and have the strategy for the surgery (laminectomy I think). Like in my case. Had many angios and tries for embos. But at least the two big surgeries killed the biest. Wish all the best for you in march. keep us up-dated.

UPDATE: surgery is on February 22 in richmond VA with doc Rivet.

I remember the doc telling me that very few can be glued (which is what I think clipping may be). Mine had to be separated (I think that means it was obliterated, I am not positive of the terms). Mine was, and is, a difficult recovery, but I have to look at the options. It was basically get the surgery and go through recovery, or become a paraplegic. Hopefully it all went well for you.