I spoke with the doctor yesterday and what he explained is that it’s not that it was inoperable, but initally was so vague that it may have resolved on it own or if it stayed the same than radiation would be best. Problem is that it decided to find some new feeders and expand to what he guesses to be about 2cm (can’t be sure of size w/o MRI), small but still AVM. This is changed from not being able to determine if it was true AVM or post surgical tissue to approx. 2cm in six months. They feel because of his age and risk of bleeding while waiting for radiation to be effective that surgery is what we need to do. If at that point there is AVM they can’t get than we would probably do radiation on any remaining. I still haven’t told Andrew, but right now his dad and I are just trying to absorb it. They want us to come out in the next month or two, do an angiogram with possible embo and than a day or two later surgery.

my heart goes out to you, andrew and the family this must be horrific…i don’t know what to say…so i’ll just give you one of my favourite little sayings…remember there is a deeper strength and an amazing abundance of peace available to you; draw from this well. you will make it through this time and find joy in life again…ihave you all in my thoughts and prayers…i wish there was more i could do…please keep us posted withany other news…all my love xxxx

Janice, I’m sorry to hear Andrews AVM is still not resolved. It must be heart wrenching. As a fellow mom of a son who had AVM I know about the emotional roller coaster you’re riding. If you ever need to chat please feel free to contact me. I’ll say a prayer for healing.

Well that explanation certainly makes it a bit more clear but still just SO difficult to get your head around. I am so sorry that this is happening. I can’t imagine what you are going thru as parents and to have to tell Andrew; that will be so heart-breaking. I put myself in your shoes and I just don’t know how I would cope with hearing that. But I know you will find the strength to go on. You can do this but you just need a bit of time to digest it all and get a plan in your mind of how to get thru it.
Give yourselve a few days to gain some strength to go on with what comes next.
Thinking of you always.

Janice, I’m so sorry for you and your family, it must be horrible to have to tell Andrew this news, take care and i will keep you all in my thought and prayers.