Unfortunate update on my Son

You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong! Tons of love your way!!!

Mel

2 Likes

All our prayers are with him :pray: hope he wakes up soon

2 Likes

Thank you for your feelings :peace_symbol:

Been there. Very sorry you and your family have to walk this road.

2 Likes

All of us here on this forum are dealing with such frightening and unpredictable outcomes with these AVMs. I am deeply sorry that you all have had to go through this. I am praying for you and your son to make a full recovery. He sounds like an amazing young man. The burden as a parent is heavy. Stay strong. Sending love and hope and prayers.
Beth

1 Like

Jrichard,

Iā€™m so sorry to read about your sonā€™s rupture. I have a very similar AVM which ruptured last year, as a result of which I was diagnosed. I recovered fully from a moderate bleed (minor peripheral loss). Same story as your son, surgery high risk so elected to have GK last July. I do of course agonise from time to time about exactly this scenario, but your comment about living life to the full resonates. I have done that ever since my bleed. Not packing life full or working harder (at 43 Iā€™ve been working hard for a while!) but actually taking more time with my family and appreciating every day, my interests and most of all my relationships. I wish you all the very best for your sonā€™s recovery and would love to hear updates as/when you are able to.
Best,
Jonny

2 Likes

God Bless your family. Special prayers for Bryan for a full recovery. Miracles are possible.

Thank you everyone for all your words of encouragement. It really means a lot! It looks like we need to have a shunt put in next week. CSF pressure is not too bad but want to make sure we do everything to help with his recovery.

Jeff

3 Likes

Sending all my love and support! Stay Strong.

2 Likes

Jeff

Thank you for your courage in sharing this. I also had Gamma Knife and appreciate that you shared this. And your story about Bryanā€™s courage and positive attitude is so inspiring.

I wish you strength. My youngest son is a cancer survivor. Having the opportunity to be able to care for him and do what I could to make that experience easier for him was, in a strange way, one of the greatest blessings Iā€™ve ever had in my life. I donā€™t know if that makes senseā€¦itā€™s hard to express in words

Brian

3 Likes

First, thank you for having the courage to share this update and for considering the feelings of others. Then, just one thing: TIME and PATIENCE. I know youā€™ve heard this before, but I often needed to remind myself as I recovered and rehabbed. Our brains have their own, very slow timetable for recovery, donā€™t they? With you at his side, your son has a great partner!

2 Likes

Hello Dick, I havenā€™t been on for a long time as my brain op. was only the start of my issueā€™s, my long term memory is very poor (hubbie has a diary for me) then I began having Clonic Tonic fits my last one giving me a heart attack in the Ambulance. My Meds work great now. I then told my neuro. the pains in the side of my face was terrible, meanwhile I was rushed to hospital with yet another U.T.I. where I just passing blood (sorry about mentioning thatā€¦) it turned out my bladder was thickening on one side and that gives one infection after another. Then it was that bone thinning thing, arthritous of my spine and neck, then I was diagnosed with Addisonā€™s disease, so none of that production of that a. thing you need so I have to take steroids 3X day. Iā€™m on 2 Tylex, anti depressants, vitamin D, injections of B12 for my pernicious anaemia, I already had that. I have nerve tablets as I often have my ā€œjelly legs and wobbly headā€ I would never have laughed at anyone cerebal palsy but now seeing the looks you are stupid (they are cleverer than most of us.) Now Iā€™ve got heart failure because of fit, so you see apart from these things, I didnā€™t want to mention (forgot headaches and nerve damage to my face! taking yellow tablets beginning D for nerve damage) so you see I had nothing that wouldnā€™t scare people to say they might some of the things were connected to my a.v.m. and I really wouldnt want that. I feel so sorry for Jeff his family and especially Brian and hope and pray all will have a happy ending to their very difficult, sad time. Kindest regards, Kay

2 Likes

Kay,

Wow! You do have a lot going on! As you say, not all of it is AVM-related, so most of us shouldnā€™t worry about the things youā€™ve got going on. I was only saying to Ryan the other day that even if we clear the AVM hurdle, all of lifeā€™s other challenges still stand ready to push us off course.

Itā€™s great to hear from you. If you want to chat a bit more, look for the ā€œ+ Topicā€ button in one of the categories down the left hand side of the home page and chat away about how you are doing.

Jeff,

Still sending positive thoughts yours and Bryanā€™s way.

Lots of love,

Richard

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you all.

3 Likes

Kay,
I will keep you in my prayers. Take care.
Vicki

1 Like

-hello Jeff. I hope that your son recovers. I have survived four strokes. The first one was when I was 8 years old. In this moment IĀ“m 45. I received the last rights several times. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I will pray for Bryan.

3 Likes

Hi Jeff, I have havenā€™t managed to get on the site properly lately. I did keep thinking of you and the family and hoping that you you are all improving on the last message I read from you. Please God let, things improve for Bryan soon. The world for them is a very empty place without their boy. God bless them all. Best wishes to you and your family, Kay x x x

Thanks Everyone for the prayers and positive thoughts. Bryan has made some improvements over the last few weeks. He is definitely more alert and has started moving he feet a little on command. We were able to transfer him to a rehab hospital called Craig Hospital in Denver which is an amazing place. We arrived here last week and his program begins today. We are hopeful that his recovery will accelerate now.

5 Likes

Jeff, you made my day! Itā€™s good to hear of a bit of progress. Sending you all my love,

Richard

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m visiting AVM survivors after couple of years. My son too is 22yrs.i can understand what you go throughā€¦ I wish n pray heā€™ll come out of coma strong n soonā€¦

2 Likes