Quantcast

AVM Survivors Network

UAVM is back with a vengeance

I am putting this out there to see if anyone else has experience with the return of a uavm. I am 22 weeks pregnant. The avm was treated in September 2017. All through the beginning of the pregnancy I asked every visit and every ultrasound tech if they could see it, for fear of it coming back. It only makes sense that it would. Over and over again I was reassured they couldnt see it. Until the end of July I went golfing and the next night had a major bleed putting me in the ER. I live in a rural community where the doctors are not experienced with avms bu any means, especially uterine ones. An emergency ultrasound revealed complete placenta previa and right above that the pesky AVM. A visit to my high risk gyno later and she still told me its not a concern. I have been on bed rest since then. Last week I visited the maternal fetal medicine clinic in Calgary Alberta , where the AVM lit up like a Christmas tree on that screen. My heart sank… it looked like the first time it was discovered large and out of control. It is right where they would open me up during a c section which it has to be because of the placenta previa. the risk of hemmoraging and losing my uterus is so high during delivery I am terrified . And so annoyed that I wasnt warned that this would happen… of course it would come back with the extra blood flow and stretching of the uterus. How the hell do I stay calm and try not to think about the terrifying ordeal about to go down in January… I am almost three hours from Calgary and the thought of hemmoraging here is terrifying relying on doctors who are not experienced with my case.

Viva, I have no experience with your type of AVM, but I do have experience in compassion! Your post broke my heart, and I just want you to know that I will be praying for you and your baby. I know that you are scared and I would be as well. P&P (Prayer & Patience) has been my “go-to” for a long time. It has relieved my mind and my body over and over again. I invite you to try it over & over again. Wishing you all the best.

Sharon D…

Viva, I just wondered how it all went. If we can be a source of solace, please reach out.