Quantcast

AVM Survivors Network

Top Neurosurgeon in the US

Yes mine made the made the list - Dr. David Newell. He's Chief of Neurosciences/Chairman of the Board at Swedish Neuroscience Institute. Not only is he a very skilled surgeon his entire staff is super. I'm fortunate to have such a great neuro care team :)

Our Physician/ Surgeon is on this list as well Dr. Robert Solomon , Columbia Presbytarian University Hopital NYC

Dr. Robert Solomon, Dr Philip Meyers , Dr Hannah Goldschmidt are the most successful in removing difficult brain Avm's . They just removed my son's large rt frontal lobe AVM on August 21. The surgery was a complete success. He is AVM free. Everything went exactly as planned. I hand picked Dr. Solomon , I am so grateful to him for saving Ryans life . This is the truth !

Call Neurology dept at Columbia Presbytrian Hospital and Speak to Janet Rosado.
Rana P. Dunn

This is just beautiful to hear, so glad that he is AVM Free!!!!!!

It is sometimes a very hard in this journey to just navigate through the system to find the best of the best and this link has guided many to see the Top Neuro, and other's have added those that are not listed, so that member's and their loved ones all can be helped , get the best treatment, diagnosis and care most of all and to save their life.

Again, blessing on your son journey of healing, may all that love and support him also find healing.

Never stop believing!
Dave & Barbara Curtis
Warren, Oregon

I never had a chance to say "Your so very welcome". We are in it to Win It with the Best of the Best..

Just finding is the beginning, next is sharing what your experience and outcome are. We all need this knowledge, not just in the USA , but in the world. We are not alone and must stay as a united family of support and knowledge. Thank you and sorry about the late response!

Your so welcome, just catching up on some old responses. The link is updated automatically every year and provides so much more then just physician it includes hospitals etc. If you use any physician that you find on this list or someone who has provided you with the best care please share your experience and knowledge. This is how we give a hand up to one another!

John Hopkins I bow to. You are truly truly blessed. Share your experience and knowledge as it takes a village to travel these roads! Sorry for such a late response.

Hello Ron,

I was wondering if you also looked in to UCSF (Dr. Michael Lawton) before deciding on Stanford (Dr. Gary Steinberg). I have to undergo brain AVM surgery in the next few weeks and I am not able to decide which way to go - Dr Lawton or Dr Steinberg. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello Kati,

I was wondering if you also looked in to UCSF (Dr. Michael Lawton) before deciding on Stanford (Dr. Gary Steinberg). I have to undergo brain AVM surgery in the next few weeks and I am not able to decide which way to go - Dr Lawton or Dr Steinberg. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

If your doctor is on this list does it mean they are good?

We are going to Dr. Ed Smith at Boston Children’s Hospital. He has been great so far. Boston Children’s is ranked #1 in Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery.

I can attest to Dr. Saleem Abdulrauf MD being on this list. He did a magnificent job on me, especially since my AVM was originally deemed inoperable.

Hi HockeyMom,
How about your AVM? Did you treat in Boston? We are going there too and would like to have your ideas on the team and the result
Thank you

After the functional MRI it was decided that it was too risky to surgically remove the AVM. Dr. Smith referred him to Dr. Chapman and Dr. Loeffler at Mass General and we go back June 1 for staging for Proton Beam radiation. It’s more precise than gamma/cyber knife, so less risk of necrotic brain tissue around the AVM. We’re still kind of a wreck. We need some kind of closure for this crazy chapter so we can all move on to a new norm. I’m very happy with these two teams at Boston Children’s and Mass General. They seem to get the struggle and how hard this is. They explain things well and are very supportive, so unlike our local experience.

Dr. Steinberg was the chief neurosurgeon supervising the team that treated my AVM. One of the other neurosurgeons was Dr. John Adler who invented the Gamma Knife. Dr. Steinberg had zero bedside manner but when your brain is bleeding you don’t need bedside manner do you?

me too- a life saver !
AMAZING

Dr.Steinberg #1 for sure -

Dr. Philip Meyers and Dr. Sander Connolly removed my AVM and my surgery was a complete success! Dr. Sander Connolly can also be reached by calling the Neurology dept. at Columbia Presbytrian Hospital.

My doctor, Daniel Barrow, MD is on the list. I met him last week. He has a very nice manner about him. He will be doing the AVM spinal surgery for me in July. If anyone has any tips for recovery I would greatly appreciate them.