To reiko wherever he or she is

It’s been two years since my emergency brain surgery and stroke, as of July 19, 2010.

No cane yet; but I have moved up from a hospital bed to wheelchair to walker. I had another follow-up apptment with my neurosurgeon July 1, and he basically said that he can’t foresee the future and that anything I do is possible; but it will be at a slower rate after 2 years - I thought initially that I would be fully recovered 1-2 years, so you understand my frustration.

I know it’s frustrating, and I wish that I could say something that would make you feel better, but it kind of sucks, and you’re not alone…i’m ataxic on the left-side of my body, and I’ve been rehabbing - ot, pt, and speech - with a dash of rec. therapy 2-3x/wk for 2 years - I think I had the works? unlike many? - I’m ready to give up, but I’m pretty hard-headed so i won’t, and I’ll be 40 as of August…talk about unfair! This is totally not what I had planned - shouldn’t I be going through a mid-life crisis or something? Anyway, check with me after another year, and we’ll see if i’m still sane.

Here’s some hope…some guy in I think Norah Jones’ band (?) had a stroke or avm (?) years ago, and now he’s touring/back on the road/all that fun stuff.

Hang in there.

Glad to hear you have and still am improving!!! Keep on working on it and it will get better for you. Stay determined and do the things for improvement and you WILL beat this horrible thing!!! Good luck… best of wishes!!! Take care of yourself!!!

By the way, any tips on what to do and not do (such as OTC medicines / products, exercise, etc.)?