Tired

I have noticed that i am getting easily tired!Does the same occur to you?And obviously i cannot work so many hours and stressed a lot for example, cause after i am getting more and more tired.And it seems that noone can understand it, that after 7 operations i am getting so tired and cannot work in the same way.Do you have the sam efeeling of getting tired?

Yep!

Ron, KS

Hmmmm…after 7 operations I would say you have earned the right to be tired. You could even use the word exhausted. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Nikolaos, It’s so sad that people don’t understand what it’s like to have brain surgery. I’ve only had brain surgery once, 3 1/2 years ago due to a brain bleed and I still get tired easily. So, if you need understanding, please always depend on us at the AVM Survivor Network. Keep the Faith!

My mantra is "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired"! LOL Seriously, I actually fell asleep standing in the shower once! Welcome to the world of AVMs! Any time you want to comisserate with someone, we are here for you, Nikolaos.

I haven’t had surgery or a bleed and I’m exhausted. I’m tired of thinking about it, tired of explaining it to everyone, tired of living with it. I can’t even imagine what you have been through. Sleep well; you’ve earned it.

i am not tired of being even an avm survivor or an avm patient i am just getting v easeryily tired and i am mentioning it!i am feeling blessed for having an avm

Normal with AVM survivors. My Anti Seisure drug Lyrica made me tired, dizzy and in addition-- mood swings. i feel for you.

--Allan

Hay, I have not even had my surgery yet and I am tired all the time, after 7 I can not imagine how tired you would feel, maybe your family needs to come on this site and read about other AVMers and they might understand more

Good luck, and rest heaps

Take care

DM

here here, so glad to hear someone say they are sick of thinking about it all the time. That is all I think about from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep.

DM

Stephanie said:

I haven't had surgery or a bleed and I'm exhausted. I'm tired of thinking about it, tired of explaining it to everyone, tired of living with it. I can't even imagine what you have been through. Sleep well; you've earned it.

the tiredness (fatigue) ive been told by my therapist is normal even if you havent physically exerted yourself in any way,so i know what your going through i have the same problem at least once every day when i just feel energy-less completely, i have been assured it will recover itself as time goes on so im sure it will be the same for yourself ,stay positive!

I know exactly how you feel. Everyday I have to push my self to get anything done. I am not even back to work yet. Just getting the kids up and ready for school does me in. And they do most of the work. Just thinking about what i need to get done for the day wears me out. some days i wonder how i use to get it all done before the surgery. i use to work a 8-10 hr day come clean the house have dinner ready for the family and go to school come home do my homework and go to bed at 11 and get up at 430 am and start the day all over again. I’m not sure if i will be able to handle that kind of routine again. i get tired just doing simple house work and takiing care of my kids. and i dread having to cook dinner at night i can’ tell u how many dinners ive burned because ive fallen asleep at the stove. i am exhausted all the time. and having to explain things to everyone why i don’t want to go anywhere and do anything gets old. some understand some don’t. everone thinks its ok to lecture me. I tell them to go thru what i have and then we will talk. Now i just tell them i am having a bad brain day and to leave me alone. I just don’t know what to tell people anymore. I’m just not full of energy like I use to be, just to give me some time and I’ll get there. It’s just a bump in the road, and I’ll hit the highway again some day. LOL

Tonna,

I concur with the other posters - the fatigue is completely 'normal' for us AVMers, and we need to accept it as part of OUR norm.

I haven't even had a crainotomy and I get so tired so quickly. Just taking a shower takes so much out of me. I've learned to make allowances for the 'new me' in every way I can, to make my life easier and help me to do as much of what I've always done as well as I can keep doing it.

That's really all you can do. Try not to worry too much if it seems like people in your life don't understand the problems you have now that you didn't used to have. Just do the best you can, and try to figure out how you can still accomplish what you need and want to, but how you may be able to 'adapt' your life and ways of doing things so that you are stressed as little as possible. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out how to best go about that, but eventually you do.

Most of all, don't be too hard on yourself. Be the most understanding person in your life about your needs.

Take care,

Tori

Yea... Me too.   I tire very easily.  The only thing I can figure out is, our brain isn't getting the proper amount of oxygen that it needs (that's my guess on it).  I also don't have much strengh any more either.  I haven't figured out why that is yet. (?)

Tori,

I haven't had a craniotomy either. I am also wiped out after a shower. I have always felt so bad about being wiped out by something so simple. It's nice to know I'm normal (at least AVM normal! LOL).

Tori said:

Tonna,

I concur with the other posters - the fatigue is completely 'normal' for us AVMers, and we need to accept it as part of OUR norm.

I haven't even had a crainotomy and I get so tired so quickly. Just taking a shower takes so much out of me. I've learned to make allowances for the 'new me' in every way I can, to make my life easier and help me to do as much of what I've always done as well as I can keep doing it.

That's really all you can do. Try not to worry too much if it seems like people in your life don't understand the problems you have now that you didn't used to have. Just do the best you can, and try to figure out how you can still accomplish what you need and want to, but how you may be able to 'adapt' your life and ways of doing things so that you are stressed as little as possible. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out how to best go about that, but eventually you do.

Most of all, don't be too hard on yourself. Be the most understanding person in your life about your needs.

Take care,

Tori

everything is AVM normal but is ‘stupid’ that sometimes others cannot understand and the hardest is that they don’t want to understand.I am explaininedg all the time but i am not getting anything out of it.I am not tired of being tired but i am tired of trying to explain the normal ‘helloooooo’ i had 7 operations sometimes (not always) maybe the brain i have left (my right temporal lobe has been removed) works in a different way than the others around me!

Nikolaos,

Have you read about AVM on the website of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)? It might be a good site to use as a link for people you want to educate about AVM but may be having a difficult time explaining to in terms so that someone who doesn't deal with it day in and day out can easily grasp.

Or, they also have a booklet about AVM that I ordered and think would be a great thing to give to people who want or could use information that is written for the layperson, and the first few copies are free.

Here is their site: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/avms/detail_avms.htm

Hope maybe that can help.

Yes Sir., after my surgery (and i have more to come) but yes i noticed 2 and nice to here that im not the only one i thought i was just getting lazyer lol.

Hello Nikolaos. I understand completely that you must be tired after having all these operations but not least because when the body goes into healing phase (it is unable to stay both in stress phase or actvie phase and healing phase at the same time) it asks for rest and you become tired. The rest is needed for the body to complete its healing and get back to normal or a new baseline of health. You may feel hot and the best way to support this phase of your healing is to eat a lot of alkaline food and stay away from acidic food. that is lots of vegetables and less of meat and dairy products as well as corn or starchy products. Coffee and soda is very acidic. Drink a water and you can add some lemon in it inthe morning to alkalise your body. there are plenty of websites and books that you can google to find out more about this.

I have the same Nikola. Exaclly the same feelings