This Time 2 Years Ago

Hello everyone, this time 2 years ago, I was taken home from hospital after my AVM brain surgery/damage. I went to hospital on 7th July 2009 for surgery on the 8th July and was in a coma for 3 weeks after 14hrs of surgery, then another 5hrs in surgery on 9th July due to brain swelling and needed drains added. During all this, I have no memory of being there until a few days before getting home. I had to re-learn how to walk, talk, read, write, spell, cook, etc, etc again. After 15mths at home, my husband told me to leave as he couldn’t deal with the ‘new me’. This was so terrible as he had been the ‘Love of my Life’ & I was devastated! I also suffer from severe Aphasia, some Dyspraxia, so it was very difficult to live alone. Fortunately for me, I have a wonderful family who have helped me so very much. I also have a wonderful AVM family who do just the same thing! I found this site 14mths ago and you have been my life-line. Again, fortunately I have a great friend who has an AVM and she lives close to me and we see each other regularly and she is SO very good to me! I have other ‘special’ AVM friends who are always here for me.
Through all of this ‘stuff’, my family, my AVM family & my God have supported me, helped me and loved me. These days, I now live my life the best I can and I enjoy life now, as we know, that we never know what is aroung the corner! Without YOU, heaven knows how I would be!! I am so very grateful to all of you for sharing your life with me. Take care my friends & Thank You. XXXX

your one strong woman lesley grateful and proud to have and call you my friend shane crotty

Wow Shane, thank you so very much…I really feel moved by your lovely words!! Lesley. XX

Wow, Shane…I was going to write the same thing! Having my Twin in my life has made it so much easier! Love you Lesley!

Hi Lesley and Louisa. I say the two of you are twin daughters from different mothers…hehehe!

Wonderful Blog Lesley. From reading all that you went through and the choices you made, I agree with Shane…you are one strong woman and nothing but an inspiration. :slight_smile: Thank you again.

Hi Lesley, you should be so proud for ALL that you have had to persevered thru over the past two years!!! YOU have had one unbelievable ride and I am amazed how strong you have been thru all of this and encouraged by your faith! What a great testimony you are to many. Stay strong and know that we will continue to pray for you my AVM friend :)))!!!

/Michele

Sounds kinda like my story! My EX fiance left me also, he could not handle the new me. But truth is am I improved as a person!! Now I;m about 80% recovered and he is alone and sick. Though I did not wish that for him, He left me alone and sick and now look at him! They say what goes around comes around! I just recently joined this site. I was doing a speech for class and came across this site. I love it, it is a help. I look forward to hearing all the updates and also got alot of feed back on questions I have had.

Thank you all so much for your beautiful words! You are so very funny Barbara, I love the “Twins with different mothers”!!lol

It is YOU & God who gives me the strength…without you, I hate to think!! XXXX

Love YOU, my wonderful Twin.XXXX

You have God with you and that’s the most important thing in your life, You are strong woman and every day you will be better and thanks to you for be a sample for all of us!

Thank you Sandra, I am very grateful for all the lovely messages I have received. Yes, God has always been on my side fortunately. With Him, family & friends here, I will continue to get better. Again, thank you!