This MONDAY CRANIOTOMY johns first one any supprt please reply here i will show him this site

This Monday is the first Craniotomy for John and we decided to do it and Johns is ready to do as well and that was the first thing that i wanted to hear from John. There will be alot of family there. Im very scared and he will be there for seven days and they did say that he may experience weakness like a stroke .Its hard for me to type because its a reminder and it makes me cry. I have been strong but I cant help it. He has been on bike when he shouldnt and he has been on the skate board and he shouldnt, he has been playing because he knows he wouldnt be able to. He went in the bathroom and cut his hair short to be prepared and to get use to short short or bald hair. My husband gets emotion when he start to think and then he swallows and changes the subject i asked him not to be alone to come on here for support. I ve been praying for you guys out there experiencing what is frieghtning. I love you all. I wish health and happyiness and health this new year…Happy New Year!! I wish i can write well.

Im scared and at the same time i have strength through prayer… natually just scared and tearful and AUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Good luck Stella. My family and I have been through it already with our Dad. You’ll make it through. Just think positive!

1 Like

Stella, Be scared, cry, scream and do what ever you feel you must. What you feel is all a part of you and the situation, yes?? All of these emotions and thoughts are an important function of facing the facts you know and the out-come you desire. You and John and the family have contended with every step of this journey as it comes as best you (all) can. Frankly it seems you have all done a stellar job and are armed with the information and guidance to move forward. That is a large part of what will enable you to continue to take one step at a time.
You, John and the family will be as you have been-working, helping, holding and praying together-moving through this part of John’s journey with the strength, courage, knowledge and positive energy that is imparative to the best result possible. John is strong, young, and obviously determined to resolve this issue as best it can be and he is amazing!!!
You can and will come through this, as will John. Such love, faith, trust, hope, courage and srength is the foundation upon which is built success…You are all in my thoughts and prayers. May God continue to guide, guard and hold you in the palm of His hand…

1 Like

You have a beautiful family . Let God bless and hang tough !

1 Like

Stella, I wish John the best with his upcoming surgery and may he have a speedy recovery. Don’t get so concerned about staying strong its very emotion what you are going through. I had a craniotomy a bit over a month ago and I think it was emotionally worse for my family then it was for me. Try and stay positive, it’s for the best that he is getting it done now while he is still young and healthy. And the best thing after the surgery(s) is that John you and your family will not have to worry about a bleed. My thoughts are with you.

1 Like

Stella these days leading up to the surgery will be definitely difficult you’ll feel so emotional. I can’t imagine it. Jillian is right, it will probably be worse for you and your husband than for him. The beauty of kids is their innocence and how they look at things. What HE is worried about is totally different than what YOU are worried about. This isn’t fair that he has to go thru this but I know somehow you will all find the strength. I can’t imagine how you must feel. Just take it one day at a time and lots of deep breaths! I’m SO glad you will have lots of family around you. They will hold you up and keep you strong. My prayers are with John.

1 Like

Dear Stella, I know wxactly how you are feeling right now. I felt that twice and in both cases everything was all right. I know the mixed feeelings of faith and fear as we are mums. Don´t let any negative thoughts domine your mind. On the night before Daniel second surgery he asked me: - mum and if something goes wrong? I answered: - there is nothing to go wrong, instead the doctor will repair what is not right and thats all. Please tell Jonh everything will be over soon and he would be 100% to ride, swim, etc,etc… Our love and prayers to you all.

1 Like

My husband Rich had a crani in June shortly after he had a huge bleed, so he was very unstable when he had his surgery. They also told us that he would likely have some paralysis on his left side. He initially did have left sided weakness which resolved about one month later. Your husband is going into this in much better shape than mine, so his recovery will likely be a little easier. I know how hard this is for you, it is still difficult for me to revisit that time in our lives. When you see him for the first time after surgery his face may be very swollen and black and blue, this is pretty upsetting but it helps to be a little prepared. His head may look a little like the stitching on a baseball but in a few months it will be hard to even see them. I know have to look hard to find them. It is okay for both of you to be scared but try to stay positive. Look at all the people here who have not only survived but are doing so well after this surgery. It is a blessing to know that he has the AVM before it ruptures. It is so much safer and less complicated that way. My heart goes out to you Stella, and my thoughts are with you both.

1 Like

stella,
i think this time is hardest for the mother…i remember my motherwas so scared in the lead up to my surgery…a mother never expects to see their child go through such a trumatic experience…it breaks a mothers heart…hang in there i am saying lots of prayers for john and you

1 Like

We’ll be praying for John. I know this is scary for the whole family, and I will pray for you as well. Please feel free to come on here and share your fears, tears, and updates. We are here for you, Stella.

1 Like

Stella, I wish the best forJohns surgery and for your family during this time. What a scary, but brave and mature decision for John to make. Sounds like he is strong and preparing himself mentallyfor this challenge. He sounds like a great kid! Be proud mom! You’ve obviously done a great job with him. I hope to hear wonderful news next week about a successful surgery. Hang in there!
Shalon

1 Like

I am praying for your husband John…i remember how scared I was before my first crainotomy. And I will still pretty nervous for the second one. After my first one I did have symptoms like a stroke…and still do every so often now and it has been almost exactly 2 years. Just pray…pray…pray. That is what I done and it was so hard not knowing what it would feel like or what I would come out of the surgery like and etc. But I knew that I would have family and friends there to help me after my surgery. So just make sure john knows you all will be there for him no matter what. and that of course God is there with him every single step of the way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

good luck, hell be fine. i am having my third im not too worried, just want the avm to be gone forever!
god bless,
Aislinn

1 Like

Stella, I am keeping you and John in my thoughts and prayers
Hey shout and scream as much as you like thats wot we are here for, your braver than you know. take care.

1 Like

Hello Stell, young Sir John and family. Just a reminder that everyone should be breathing. Stop holding your breath-breath slow and easy , long and full, in through the nose-fill up those lungs gently -then push that stale air out through your mouth, and begin again…
You are in the prayers of many…I pray God to guide you, guard you and hold you in the palm of His hand as always.
Visualize the the end of the avm and the beginning of the healing and all the positivity that surrounds you…the possibilities are boundless…
Be good to you. Take care of you. Prayers and hugs all round.

1 Like

Stella I’m here for you ! I’m thinking of you .

1 Like

My thoughts are with your family. It’s perfectly fine to feel whatever you are feeling at the moment. We’re here for you.

1 Like

Hi Stella. I’ll be thinking about you and John and your family during this time. Chin up and be positive.

1 Like

John - people all over the world pray for you! It’s amazing that these crazy tangles of vessels bring people together. The picture by my comment is my daughter. She had her AVM removed in May. Recovery takes time, but knowing it’s gone is amazing.

1 Like