The view from my other/better half…

This was written by my wife and sent to our prayer line at church. I thought i would share it with you because i think it provides a good glimpse into what a spouse is feeling.

TJ

Dear Madison Prayer Warriors,

Thank you to those who are continuing to pray for us. Tom has been home two months now and during that time we have moved into an accessible condo. Praise God with us for providing an affordable place to live that meets our needs.

Monday, June 14 Tom will be having another procedure to take care of some blood vessels on both sides of his neck/spine that should increase the blood flow coming from his brain. The plan is that this will in turn decrease some of the pressure in his brain.

Please pray that the procedure goes safely and has the desired effect. Pray for peace for Tom this weekend as he anticipates the procedure and spending a night in the ICU again. Pray he will be able to come home directly from the hospital instead of spending time at Mary Free Bed before coming home.

We continue to trust in God and know He gives and gives and gives us grace to make it through this journey.

In Him,
Tom and Cheryl Vanderwell

2 Likes

Lovely. My thoughts will be with you both.
Heather

2 Likes

Tom,

I’m not the praying kind at the moment but you know that you’re one of my favourite people on the planet, don’t you? So if I send you my very best wishes for the week, that’s as good as I can do.

I will be thinking about you and @HeatherC and Cheryl and Heather’s son all week. All of you rather know what you’re in for so just know you are in my thoughts and you all have all my love.

Very best wishes,

Richard

2 Likes

Richard, I do know that and it’s a compliment that means a lot to me.

Any time a friend does everything they can do, that’s always a wonderful thing.

You are appreciated.

You make the world a better place.

You make my world a better place.

TJ

1 Like

You too

2 Likes

Tom,

It’s drawing very dark over here, so Sunday almost spent and Monday rising in my thoughts, so while I know there’s still a bunch of Sunday evening left over there, I’d just like to wish you the very best for tomorrow and the rest of the week.

My sister says you’re in her prayers and I think I’m going to blab it out to everyone I know that prays, so you should be set.

Have a good week :green_heart:

All my love,

Richard

1 Like

Best to you today Tom, John

2 Likes

I hereby join with your Madison Prayer Warriors in praying that Tom has a very successful procedure. I wish Tom and you the very best.

Sharon D…

Another spouse here - I hope Tom’s procedure has gone well and he will be able to go home directly as prayed for.

Hugs, Julia

2 Likes