The Road to Mobility - Update

Just an update to let you know how thing are going.
Actually things are going fairly well, I have good news and bad news.
First the good news, I’m still going to the gym, and I have actually seen some improvement! I have actually taking some steps unaided, with no frame or crutches! To say I was happy would be an understatement, so I know I can do it, secondly in the gym on a bike for which I am on for minutes, I normally have to use my hands to help my legs to push the pedals, but now once my legs are warmed up, I am actually doing sections(up to 3x30 second groups) without using my hands.
I am even repeating some of the exercises at home, and walking more with my frame.
The other thing is, I think that my physio and fitness trainer will be getting together next year and I will be walking even more.
Now the bad news, I’m still getting clonus in my left leg, I don’t think the gabapentin is working, I have 6 months before I have to hand my car back(it’s leased under a motor disability scheme) so I may have to try another drug, or I simply have to be re-assessed for hand controls to be fitted.

That’s about it for this year, so I will wish you all a very merry christmas and a great 2010!

Hi Shane,

I’m overjoyed that you have been able to walk without a frame or crutches and that you are able to use just your legs to work the bike! Hopefully there’s a way to treat the clonus.

Take care,

Debbie