The cyber knife mask

Hi everyone I just had my CT scan for my upcoming cyber knife treatment. The good news my embolization is great abs holding strong bad new the last 2 percent did not go away so I need cyber knife .
Question they made my mask abs that was absolutely awful . Laying there with that mask on for 15 min during the CT scan was so bad . Anyone have any ideas how to get through the cyber knife with this mask on .

Music. I found being able to mentally transport myself to another time, another place can assist and music helps to take me ‘some where else’. Some of these procedures can be daunting at the best of times, then to have a mask confine us further can push those fears to the extreme. Playing music from a pleasant time in our lives or our favourite tunes can help to (partially) switch off to the realities of what is going on around us.
Well, that’s what assists me, in those situations.

Merl from the Modsupport Team

1 Like

Thank you I will try that it was definitely harder than my embolization . That mask is something else . I wish they could just put me to sleep for a couple minutes.