Taste/smell change with brain swelling?

Did anyone experience a change in taste buds/sense of smell from brain swelling? I’m dealing with the swelling now, but this is the first time I have ever experienced a change in taste/smell. I had a rupture in right parietal love, fid cyberknife over a year ago, but have swelling now. I’m on Decadron for that.

If you did lose it, how long for it to come back? Thanks!

Welcome! I haven’t experienced the taste/smell change you describe. I had a bleed and swelling fro that, and then gamma knife but no swelling that required medication, this was back in 2016. We have a number of forum members who have had real challenges with swelling due to cyber or gamma so some may join in and pass along their experiences. If you see the magnifying glass in the top right, click on it. I searched “taste” and came up with a number of items. I did the same with smell and. again several topics. Hope it helps some, and once again, welcome. Take Care, John

Hi @Brandi22 ! I’m not sure it was the second or third bleed I had but I lost pretty much all my sense of smell, which is ironic cause I have a big nose! I’m 20 years from first AVM rupture, 2 years from last. Not sure if there are therapies to regain sense of smell but as always check with your doctor. Blessings as you continue!