Taking it one day at a time

It’s been a few weeks since I first found out about my little “friend” in my head. My family and loved ones have been so supportive. I can’t thank them enough. My friends here at home as well as all of you out here have really been great. I want to share a poem that was on a card sent to me by one of my friends.

Perserverance

When all the world is looming dark
And things seem not so clear,
When shadows seem to hover 'round,
Lord, may I perservere.
When it seems everything’s been tried
And there’s no way to go,
Just let me keep remembering
Sometimes the journey’s slow.
I may just need to stop and rest
Along the path I trod,
A time to try to understand
And have my talk with God.
As I gain new strength to carry on
Without a doubt or fear,
Somehow I know things will be right,
And so, I perservere.

• Anne Stortz

I know I read this a few times a day when I get upset, and I really think that it has helped me gain strength. Yesterday I went to my friend’s wedding and I couldn’t believe how much fun I had. I really acted like my old self. I wasn’t scared something would happen, nor was I sad, I was me. It felt so good to be me again. Each day I am so thankful for now. I appreciate everything and everyone. I just hope and pray we all can get past our “medical” problems. We all have to take it one day at a time. But I sure do have a new love for each day!

That’s the good thing about the AVM, Sarah. It givess us a new appreciation for life. And for me, it’s brought me even closer to GOD.

There is a book helping me fighting anxiety. It is called The Power of Positive Thinking by Normam Vicent Peale. It is a mix of scientific experiences, faith and power of mind