Swollen feet

After almost three weeks from my Spinal AVM surgery ,I noticed two days ago that my feet are swelling .any one had a similar reaction after his surgery?

Yes I am 2 1/2 years post surgery and the swelling is still there in legs, ankles and feet. It is worse in the summer months. My docs advice: elevate

IHi Kathleen1 thank you for you response ,I thought too maybe the hot weather is not helping .few days ago I elevate my feet on a chair and you’re right ,it helped .
But what makes me frustrated is that my symptoms of numbness and pain in my feet seems worse than before .same for under my hips and legs .i asked the surgeon and no answer was giving me back .this desease like any other major desease is so awful …except in the case of spinal Avm we don’t die but our life quality is so compromise and affected on daily basis …wish you the best in your battle .

agreed and no one really has an answers, we are all figuring it out as we go along. My doc did also give me a diuretic (water pill) for very bad days, like when you can’t get your shoes on! Bright side for me, I have no feeling from the hips down so no extra pain for numbness for me :rofl:

1 Like

I understand you well ,we are all on (same boat) with some similarities and diffrences .some days I am so discouraged from the pain and the weekness and other days I feel in shape and positive that things will get better …at the end of the day ,no one can tell what’s the future will reserve ,but if it continues this way ,It’s not so bright .

George you have to make it bright! Watch or read the secret is on Netflix or on Amazon. Energy flows where attention goes. So you have to think positive thoughts

2 Likes

Hi Kathleen ,trust me I do my best and I am fighting since 2010.but the thing is that it’s an imprévisible beast .
I decided to live day by day now,and take advantage with my 2 young kids 9 and 7 and do all I can now ,knowing that my futur is unknown .but honesty sometimes i cry from my situation because of the things I that I can’t do any more plus I dont show any sadness or weakness to my family I keep all inside of me and pretend that I am ok …I will search for the secret on Netflix or amazon .thank you very much

Hello George,

Hope you getting better, brother. Being an AVM survivor is bloody challenging, also tiring.
Psychologically it hit me hard!
All the best
Guz

Hi Guze

I understand you well Brother .its been now two months since I had my second surgery .and my feeling is that I am not doing better but worse I think .
Since my last surgery ,numbness in new areas of my body appeared from my waist to my upper legs and stiffness has increased in my legs and my feet .so do back pain also increased .all these factors limited my more my movements than before .
Yes it is hard physically and mentally .
I also have no medication prescribed .i tried baclofen and other stuff but nothing worked for me .i am at a point to try cbd oil.i have red that it helps for the pain and for muscle relaxation …finally don’t give up brother and keep hope .

Thanks for the nice words Bro,
Personally, I never had any pain whatsoever, and i find that very strange.
I tried CBD oil, it really didn’t work on me, made me sleep for over 12 hours at night. I had an MRI scan last April 4 months post-op, and everything seemed fine, now I have another on the 8th of November for further follow up.
I am at the moment going to an American doctor of chiropractic, and it’s really helping, of course, he is not cracking my back and stuff, but some really good neuro exercises. By the way, I come from Malta.
Keep in touch and keep well.
Regards
Guz
PS-When in hell, keep walking :slight_smile:

Malta paradise on earth :+1: and the kingdom of brotherhood :wink:,at least you can enjoy the beauty of nature in Malta .it ease the inconvient of desease .i was born in Lebanon and living In canada since 1984 .
By the way ,do you have any stiffness or spasms in your legs ?
I would like to give the cbd oil a chance, sometimes what’s work for one doesn’t work for another ,exactly like medication …
As I mentioned my last surgery was two month ago and my appointment with my surgeon is in two weeks and next mri in a month …
It’s good Chiro is helping you and you don’t have any pain symptoms .
Keep in touch Bro and until next time ,stay well .

Hello my friend,

Apologies for the late reply. Spasms, yes I do get a lot especially when I sit or lye down, and quite strong spasms in my left foot. Sometimes it’s painful to be honest. How was your appointment?
Take good care
All the Best
Joseph

Hi Joseph
I have exactly the same symptoms …and it’s really unpleasant.
I also have a stiffness in my legs ,so I have to se a cane .
My surgeon appointment is this coming Thursday ,so I will let you know .

Take care