Surgical Removal of Cerebral AVM

Hi everyone, I am seeking some advice. After many consultations, I have decided to move forward with surgical removal of my cerebral AVM. I have narrowed down my options to going to Dr. Martin at UCLA or Dr. Nakaji at the Barrow Institute. I am having a hard time deciding who to see. Has anyone seen either of these Dr's and can offer some input?

Much appreciated!
-Abbey

Hi, Abbey - sorry, I can’t opine on these docs bc I’ve not seen either, but just wanted to say hi and Yay for you for making the decision. I’m sure it was a tough one. :slight_smile:

Hi Abbey - I'm so happy you have narrowed down your list of doctors to two of them and to have surgery. I am an extremity survivor myself, so I cannot speak to these two Neurosurgeons. However, if you use our search box on the top right of the page, you can type in your doctors names, and many many threads will show up. You can review all of those threads for both doctors and there are definitely patients of both of these doctors on the site. Please continue to keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions about finding more info about these two docs :).

Hi Abbey, I did my crani with Dr. Neil Martin at UCLA, so naturally I highly recommend him. It was a successful surgery so they kicked me home after 48 hours (a good problem to have). This was to remove my right parietal lobe grade III AVM. I prey and wish yours will be successful as well.