Surgery

i hated surgery. basically have to relearn how to walk and move my arm again. IM TIRED OF ALL OF THIS. GOD HELP ME. I NEED SOME HELP. I’M GOING TO FAIL 9TH GRADE. I JUST WANT TO GO BACK LIKE 6 MONTHS WHEN I WAS A NORMAL TEENAGE GIRL WITH NO PROBLEMS.

Hi Brooke,
Bless you, You are young and will recover quickly. Just have faith and try not to over do it. You need time to heal… :slight_smile:

Hi Brooke. I know your frustration. I was completely paralyzed on the left side of my body. Hard work and 13 months later I was pushing a 200 pound beverage cart between Atlanta and LA.
I loved proving the doctors wrong.
YOU CAN DO BEAT THIS HORRIBLE BEAST!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Brooke, Stay strong…I know you can get better quickly, because I’m older and I got better quicker than they thought! My daughter couldn’t go to school during her 10th grade and the School System sent her work home (through her best friend) for her to study and 2 teachers came to my house to teach her too…She totally passed the 10th grade. Have your Mom check that out with your School System. We all want to know your progress, so keep us posted!Delete Comment

Brooke, i am happy that you came out safe from the surgery. I am sorry you feel the way you do. my sisters bleed lead her in coma for 17days and she had to learn how to walk and move her arms again. its been a little bit over 2wks and she is walking and she started to use her arms a week after she woke up …Brooke you don’t realize how special you are. You can set examples for young boys and girls your age who are just learning about their AVM. Set a goal for yourself and beat this avm. My sister is going for her last Angio tomorrow and surgery to remove the avm on wednesday. I am sure she will have to learn how to walk allll over again. Her short term memory was reallllly bad after she woke up from her bleed and now its getting better. I am sure after wednesday its back to square one. I ask you to please be strong for people who are just starting their treatment to beat the avm like my sister. I feed off of avm survives to give me faith that my sister would be ok.

This is the time to prove to yourself that you can do it. Kick BUTT in rehab and show them that you can do it… I have faith in you and know ull be just fine

I will add you into my prayers and ask god to give you the strength to continue to recover quickly and safely

nina

Brooke, so glad you made it through surgery ok. You are young and strong and that will help so much going in to rehab. I know it sucks right now but consider the alternative. You can do this and you will be so much stronger for it. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Brooke, glad you made it out of surgery. Relax, you"re not gonna fail. Like others said the school system has ways of dealing with this and believe it or not they want you to succeed if that’s what you want. Focus on your recovery and don’t look back (yes I know…very hard to do). Yes this whole thing sucks… But just focus on what you can… Your recovery and everything will fall into place. Best of luck girl… Hang in there and continue to keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Hi Brooke-Stay positive & try to stay strong-I can only imagine what you are going through & praying this goes fast for you with a full recovery! Keep pushing yourself & know you will be stronger more than ever before once you make it through this difficult time! God bless you!

Hi Brooke…God will help you and he does hear your cries out for help!!! Please keep the faith and stay as positive as you can throughout your recovery! Like Kneenah said, YOU have no idea how very very special YOU are and you will pull thru this and life as a teenager will be even more fulfilled beyond what you could have ever dreamed of. God has something very secial in store for you :))!!!

God Bless!
Michele