Surgery was a success!

Katie had her surgery and it went very well! They placed markers on her head and did a CT scan first, and then took her into surgery about 9:15 yesterday morning. We were warned that the difficulty with Katie’s AVM was that it was so small it might be difficult to find. They used a computer to guide them to it, and fortunately found it. The surgery lasted four hours, and both doctors felt confident that they had gotten all of the AVM out. This morning they did an MRI, which looked good, and then took her in for an angiogram. We haven’t gotten final results yet, but preliminary results show NO AVM! She is doing very well, and will probably be moved out of intensive care tomorrow, and could be home in a few days. We are very thankful for all of the doctors and nurses who are caring for her, and most of all to God.

How wonderful! Give Katie a hug from us!

Yeah! Congratulations!! We will pray for a continued uneventful and speedy recovery for Katie! Now you can exhale, and relax!! So good to be on the other side of surgery!

What a wonderful success!! I am very happy for you all, all the best, Lesley.

Love hearing news like this! Continued prayers for speedy and uneventful recovery!
Blessings!
Marie

HOORAY!!! That is such good news!!! Every time I read that someone’s AVM is gone I always think of the Wizard of Oz and the munchkins singing 'Ding Dong the wicked whitch is dead!!! Prayers and well wishes to Katie and here is to a safe and speedy recovery!

Congrats! That is awesome news!