Surgery set!

Well I have surgery on March 15. I have to have an MRI done first then its off to surgery for 6 hrs. I have never been so scared in my life. All of these what ifs have been running through my mind. My biggest fear is something going wrong and I never see my family again. Its crazy to think that way I know but I can’t help it they are messing with my brain. Everyone keeps telling me to stay positive, but some days its hard. I completely trust my surgeon so that is not the issue. Its a fear of the unknown. I know it will be okay. But man will I be glad when all of this is over. I think this is the hardest thing I have ever done. This scares me more than when I was told I had cancer at the age of 30 and I am only 35. Talk about being thrown curve balls in your life !!!

Tonna, keep the positive going and best of luck. :slight_smile: Looking forward to your AVM free update.

Tonya, I know how you feel, my husband just had his surgery on March 1st. We got home yest. Thankfully he is alive and doing ok. We felt the same way. One day or minute you are so positive and the next your not. If you have trust in your surgeon thats half the battle I think. We didnt feel so comfortable with his 1st one so we did research and cx the surgery and made an appt with another dr 2 hrs away and he was so the one. He was and is great!!! The other part is recovery. My husband said that if the surgeon does his job and I see you and am in the recovery room I will get out of this hosp and recover. He is 36 and also had severe migrains that got worse, then 1 day had the worst ever head pain. They did a CT and found he had bl. then an angiogram confirmed the AVM. I wish you and your family all the luck and prayers in the world. Stay positive, you will do GREAT!!!

Hey Tonna,

So glad for you that you're going to get it done soon and have it over with. I hope it goes very well, and that your recovery is without complications and fast.

Let us know when you can how you're doing and how it went.

Tonna,

If you didn't have the thoughts and fears you wouldn't be normal. It's being able to hold on to the positive that will get you through. In a few weeks I'll be having an embolization on part of my problem, and I'm a bit nervous, worried. But like you I have total confidence in my Neurosurgeon. I'm a tad older than you, 44, but I've never had cancer, so we're both tough birds and we'll fly right through all this. I'll see you when we're all done.

Best of God's grace to you,

Kim

hope all gos well with the emobilization keep me posted. iwill keep u in my prayers. Tonna

Kim Palmer said:

Tonna,

If you didn't have the thoughts and fears you wouldn't be normal. It's being able to hold on to the positive that will get you through. In a few weeks I'll be having an embolization on part of my problem, and I'm a bit nervous, worried. But like you I have total confidence in my Neurosurgeon. I'm a tad older than you, 44, but I've never had cancer, so we're both tough birds and we'll fly right through all this. I'll see you when we're all done.

Best of God's grace to you,

Kim

Hi Tonna. There is an old saying God never gives you more than you can handle. The rest of the saying…I just wish HE didn’t trust me so much. LOL. BTW…it’s okay to scared. I would be very worried about you if you were not nervous about this turn of events. I will be praying for you!