Stereotactic radiotherapy option in Aus

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have stereotactic radio therapy in Australia? I am hoping someone can share any information related to hospitals or Doctors recommended please?

After done CT Scan, Angio and MRI. My wife was diagnosed with an AVM in her brain. Some neurosurgeons said surgery is not an option at this stage due to its location and they suggested to see other option- stereotactic radio theraphy. Any help much appreciated it

Thanks and God bless

Hey Ike,
Yes, stereotactic radio therapy is available in Australia and from the information I can find it seems it is available at a number of clinics in NSW. Here is a link to an Australian site that may give you further information

There is also the PeterMac (Peter McCallum Cancer Centre) in Melbourne which has information regarding SRS and SRT which may also be of benefit

Hope it helps
Merl from the Moderator Support Team

1 Like

Thank you Merl and appreciated it.

Hi Ike,

My wife has had two sessions (out of three) of stereotactic radio therapy for her AVM here in Sydney, with an awesome doctor Professor Bob Smee at Prince of Wales hospital.

PM me if you want any more information or advice - trust me we’ve been through it all. It actually took us getting separate opinions from four different neuro surgeons to get to this stage…

I had it done in the United States. It had just been developed when I had it done my doctors that developed it had been using it on brain tumors for quite a while but never had a survivor of an AVM until me I had it done in 1992 27 years ago this August.

Thanks Everyone.