Starting to get bad headaches after radiation....been 2 months

hi,

I had my radiation on Sept 17th , up until this past week I have felt great, no side effects but all of a sudden now 2 months after the radiation I am getting throbbing headaches in the area of the avm and up in my front left temple. It usually starts at night before I go to bed or I wake up with it. Anyone else experience headaches after radiation?

Hi,

Yes I did lose a little hair but luckily I have very thick hair and the bald spot is underneath so not visible to anyone.
The headaches are awful. It’s weird, comes on real quick and strong and usually at night…so weird…I’m glad I’m ok during the day as I have three children to look after and headaches can be so debilitating. :frowning:
Last night I took 2 tylenol and 2 advil. I know I’m not really supposed to take advil but I was hurting so bad and eventually the pain went away and I was able to fall back to sleep. What did your Doc prescribe for the pain?

Thanks,
Rachel

Rachel;
Seems to me your headaches are a sign of the radiation starting to seal the AVM, with any luck they will get better when things settle down. I had to try different pain killers till I got the right one. Also my anti seizure meds had to be altered till I got the right dose I did not lose any hair but had a patch that went grey! Now it’s all grey anyway!
Hope you get sorted soon
Kevin

Hi Rachel,
Just wondering if you are still having headaches? Hope you are feeling better and you had a pain free Thanksgiving!

Thank you Dawn. I haven’t been getting them. If I feel a twinge I take a tylenol :slight_smile:
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! How about you?

Rachel

Thanksgiving was good for me - Just mostly relaxed and worried and relaxed and worried some more:-) I have gamma knife scheduled for Dec. 14th and I am scared but I guess I need to have this done so I will just hope & pray for the best.

Rachel said:

Thank you Dawn. I haven’t been getting them. If I feel a twinge I take a tylenol :slight_smile:
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! How about you?

Rachel