Spinal AVM

Want to know more about spinal AVM and treatments. I have been suffering for more than 20 years. I have had 5 successful embos but the last one, I believe, did not go well. I am feeling worse than I was feeling before the embo. I hope that this is temporary. Please could anyone with the same problem share experiences?

When you say you’re feeling worse since the embo, do you mean that any symptoms you were having before it are worse? I don’t really mean to state the obvious, but have you let your neurosurgeon, or neurologist know how you’re feeling since the last embo?

Also, how long has it been since the last embolization?

When my spinal AVM and aneurysm were embolized my the symptoms I’d gotten from the AVM rupture became a bit worse, plus I developed some of the same symptoms on the other side of my body. During the last year, year and a half I’ve gotten the symptoms on the lower part of my right leg and foot, but my neurologist doesn’t know why - I think he doesn’t think it’s related to the AVM or aneurysm, but then, I think he doesn’t KNOW. He did rule out peripheral neuropathy though.

When I see the neurosurgeon for my next angiogram I’m going to ask what he thinks, whether he thinks it could be from the aneurysm (the AVM is gone, or at least I hope it still is).

I think if you’ve already talked with your doctors about this and they haven’t given you satisfactory answers or help you should keep asking them to look into it.

When are you supposed to have your next MRI and/or angiogram?

Also, I’m interested to know, if you don’t mind sharing, if your AVM ruptured, and what your symptoms are.

Please let me know how you’re doing, K?