Spinal AVM/Malformations: Do you know when you're having a hemorrhage?

I woke out of bed this morning and I immediately felt the pain from in-between my shoulder blades, up to my neck/shoulder and electricity went through my back and down my left arm. I couldn't twist or turn, couldn't stand straight, couldn't sit, couldn't' lay on my stomach...It lasted for about 2 hours, it literally had me breathless and in tears. Now I have a serious, serious back-ache. Like, so bad. I am wondering if I had just experienced a hemorrhage...did anyone ever feel the on-set of symptoms from a spinal hemorrhage?

Can't speak specifically, but I have read that when brain AVMs rupture, you can get a headache greater in pain than you have ever had. Like on a scale from 1 - 10, it rates 5000.

With a known AVM, with the kind of pain you described, I think I'd be having someone call 911.

Best wishes,
Ron, KS

i definitely knew when i was having mine, though i definitely didn't know what it was. it was the most agonizing headache i have ever had, and i couldnt walk. i knew something was wrong. it is so painful. i think you would know. but i would always err on the side of caution. maybe a trip to the hospital is in line from what you describe.

Hi guys, thanks. I have an appointment on the 18th of this month to see my neurosurgeon. I feel better today, still sore and the usual feelings. I have an avm on my brain also, so I can relate to the hemorrhage on that end. It's the spine is what is confusing me. Guess I'll get more answers next week