Spinal AVM 2 years post-op

I have not posted much, but feel led to do so tonight. It has been 2 years since my surgery (10/30/13) to remove my spinal AVM. Life is different, but continues very livable! I just posted some before and after pictures to show that I continue to be active, so don't give up! I wear a leg brace (and will forever), and have a noticeable limp, but work full time, ride my bicycle, kayak, am active in suicide prevention/awareness, and am able to enjoy my family and their achievements. My daughter just graduated from Indiana University and my son will graduate from Purdue University next May. For me and my family, life is different and life is tougher than it was, but it is still very much worth living!

That’s fantastic, BikerMom! Your positive attitude and hard work (you must have a strong work ethic to be able to get back to work full time, ride my bicycle, kayak, am active in suicide prevention/awareness, and am able to enjoy my family and their achievements in 2 years) have paid great dividends. You should be really proud of yourself! :slight_smile:

Congrats being spinal AVM free for two years! That’s amazing and inspiring that you can kayak and do things you still love to do after such a crazy procedure. I am happy for you. Life is probably always going to be tough like you said but when we let the little things help shape our quality of life, it is worth living like you said. Congratulations to your daughter and son too. I’m sure you make a fantastic mom :slight_smile: