Son's MRI next week, 1.5 yrs after CyberKnife at Stanford

Our 21-year-old son goes in for his MRI on July 10th to see if CyberKnife is working. Last scan he had was 1 year ago and that was 6 months after initial treatment - we did not expect to see any changes then (and we did not) as it was too soon, but a year later, we are hoping against hope for some shrinkage. I know I don’t have to explain the pins and needles feeling - but if you have some extra mojo to send toward California on Wednesday, we appreciate every last good wish. I’ll let you know the outcome when we receive the report. My thoughts are will you all going through similar trials.

2 Likes

Thoughts are with you and your son, hoping for some positive news! Take Care, John

1 Like

Thanks so much, John - we are hoping for thinking moving in the right direction and no development of an aneurysm in the AVM. Appreciate your thoughts!

I promise to look towards California every day this week. All the best!

Richard

1 Like

Thank you so much, Dick.

@kellycm
Good Luck my AVM dr is at Stanford as well - We will all be thinking positive thoughts on Wednesday.
Hugs
Angela

1 Like

Still thinking of you guys. Good luck today!

1 Like

Thoughts are with you, hoping for positive news! Take Care, John.

1 Like

Thank you so much, everyone - we just got home and the avm is reduced by 50-70%!!! Next MRI in a year unless anything else happens in the meantime. We’re at the halfway point and the radiation is working <3 We are shocked with joy!

4 Likes

Oh, that’s great! We see Steinberg (initially) but surgery wasn’t an option and then he passed us to Chang and Hancock for CyberKnife but he still gets all the updates. Whom do you see?

1 Like

That’s really encouraging! Very best wishes for the year ahead!

Richard

1 Like

Thank you - it was a great surprise and the first time we have seen a neurosurgeon smile since this began :slight_smile:

1 Like

@kellycm I see Dr Michael Marks who is the founder and head of neuro radiology. He is the one you see for embolisms.
I also see the head of stroke Dr Schwartz cause I had a rare stroke first that started this medical journey.
I am so glad to hear the good news!
Time to celebrate!
Hugs
Angela

1 Like

Great team, Angela. Wishing you the best and continued success. We are very encouraged by yesterday’s news. So grateful.

1 Like

@kellycm. Our prayers with you and your son, visualize a big change in the AVM with a positive note and you will have the same. Keep us informed of your findings .God bless you all .

1 Like

Kelly thanks for sharing the good news about your son. While the AVM journey can be slow and confusing, receiving good and positive news makes the journey feel a little shorter and the possibility of complete recovery a little more real. Again, congratulations to you and your son.

Sharon D…

2 Likes

Thank you, Sharon. It was, indeed, the most encouraged we have been since this all began in Dec. 2017. We were incredibly relieved that his biology is reacting favorably to the treatment. We got the report back and were also encouraged to see a large draining vessel had been reduced from 7mm to 4mm…still feel like we’re playing beat the clock but he’s better off than last year at this time and we’ll gladly take it.

1 Like