Quantcast

AVM Survivors Network

Social Security Disability

HELLO ALL,
I’M WRITING EVERYONE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT EVEN WITH THE CONGRESSIONAL HELP AND EVEN WITH THE SURGER, THE EMBOLIZATION, THE ADDITIONAL STROKES, I JUST RECEIVED MY SECOND DENIAL LETTER IN THE MAIL. THIS SYSTEM IS REALLY AND TRULY INSANE. I DON’T UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL. FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE DEALING WITH THIS AS WELL, I WISH YOU THE BEST AND I HOPE THAT IF YOU’VE SOUGHT HELP THAT YOU RECEIVE WHAT YOU DESERVE AND THAT THE SS ADMINISTRATION REALIZES THAT WHAT WE HAVE IS TRULY A LIFE ALTERING CONDITION. I’VE CONTACTED AN ATTORNEY AND AM BEING SENT THE CONTRACT SO THAT I CAN ASSIGN THEM TO MY CASE. I’VE CONTACTED THE CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVE BUT SHE WAS NOT IN TODAY. I’LL CALL AGAIN TOMORROW. I WANT TO KNOW WHY I WAS DENIED WITH ALL OF MY LEGITIMATE MEDICAL RECORDS, AND WITH THEIR BACKING ME, WHY I WAS DENIED. THANKS FOR ALL OF THE RESPONSES I RECEIVED AND BEST TO YOU ALL.

Jessica,
Please keep us posted.

I will Pamela. I’m sooooo… lost for words at the moment. It’s just not right and I feel like contacting my congressional rep was a huge waste of time. I guess it doesn’t matter that I have backing from my neurosurgeons and from the state Congressman and Senator. Sigh. All is not lost though and I’m going to use this set back for the better and hopefully one day use what I’m learning to help others going through the same thing. God bless you.

God Bless you, Jesssica…

Hello all. I just wanted to run something past you all. I presently have an attorney and have signed the contract and everything. I'm at the point of waiting for my hearing date from the SS administration. However..........I received a notice from my attorney in the mail yesterday stating that they want to go ahead and appeal my case thru their office with an ALJ before the hearing to see if they can get a decision that way. They've reviewed the hundreds and hundreds of pages of medical records and are looking to go this route instead of first waiting for the hearing date. Apparently I have more than enough evidence to support my case......has anyone experienced this or can anyone shed some light as to what's going on? I'd greatly appreciate it and I thank you in advance. God bless you all.

Thank you to everyone who's viewed this post and replied to it. I just wanted to let you all know that my attorney had sent in the request for an on the record decision..... this helped to speed up the process of my hearing date..... My hearing was a few weeks ago. I went in with my attorney and my mom as my witness and also a government vocational expert. The judge reviewed allllllll of my medical records... There were hundreds and hundreds of pages.... and even though the last of the records hadn't been received from when I went to see my neurosurgeon in August.... he approved it then and there on the spot. He said the medical records supported my claim... my seizures are horrible and the pain and the embolization and all of my other medications and my memory issues were enough. Before leaving the room where the hearing was held I thanked him and he apologized for me having to wait this long.... He did provide me with a bit of information that made me mad and sad at the same time....
He said that the state doctors they'd sent me to who didn't perform any kind of tests whatsoever flagged my case and labeled me as a faker because of my age. Those doctors also failed to mention that during on of the visits I'd lost control of my bladder (happens sometimes) and I'd actually wet myself there in his examining room. They failed to mention that one of them even had to ask me what an arteriovenous malformation is..... and that the depth of their interviews/examinations was "follow my finger". I'm so thankful for this judge and that he was able to see I'm definitely not a faker....I'm a 27 year old woman who's life was turned upside down when I'd had the first hemorrhage....... God bless any and all of you who've followed this post. If you're going thru this process at the moment, please don't give up and see your case through. Make sure that you communicate with your attorney and let them know any and allll of the details that you go through and experience on a day to day basis.

Jessica, I am so happy for you! My prayers are always with you...

yea ! good for you. There are so many fakers on the system that whena honest person comes forward the system does know what its looking at ! so glad u got it and hope it makes life a little easier for you. sending you my positive energy :>)

My daughter has been denied twice. We have a hearing on Monday, so hoping that there will be outcome in her favor.