Sixteen year survivor

I remember being told by experts that it was more likely that I’d be paralyzed for the rest of my life at the age of nine. Here I am 16 years later, I have my high school diploma, walking with no aids. And been blessed to encourage others to push on just like I did. Even though I didn’t know how much joy its brought me to share these encouraging insights. I’m not through progressing in this life but, I’m to be where I am.
Yours Truly,
Tex

You’re an amazing and inspiring story, Tex. Just keep on keeping on… :slight_smile:

I remember a couple of months back. A young woman my age contacted me off of here, that had just gotten engaged and bam her world was turned upside down she never thought this would happen. She had engaged her fence’. Had began to plan the, what was in her eyes, the rest of their lives together. She had read my articles and asked if she could contact me. And so I gave her my email and we spent two weeks talking. She had told me the effects on him that the Post Traumatic Stress had put on their relationship. She had continplated leaving him. And the one thing that I told her that I still remember her so graciously thanking me for saying that no one else told her was "The guy she knew was still in him he’s just trying to grasp what all has happened in a short matter of time."
Yours Truly,
Tex

P.S. I’ve still got my trials and tribulations but as I’ve heard. My determination to not let this disease define me has motivated so many others.

P.P.S. Just remember you can do anything if you put your mind to it. I did and look at me now. Once bedridden turned high school graduate.

Awesomeness. Keep up the excellent job.