Sigh of relief!

And drumrolls please!!
My AVM remains dead and fusiform aneurysm has shown no sign of threat!! So after 5 years, I have graduated from having angiograms to only if needed and it SHOULD never grow back at this point!! That doesn’t explain my sudden symptoms though… my radio neurosurgeon believes it has to do with my carbamazepine and may either need a new anti-seizure medication or to tweak my doseage :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

6 Likes

:drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::postal_horn:

Well done!

Congratulations, i bet that gave you a massive sigh of relief.
Please keep all your medical notes and scans so that you can argue for more help in the future should you need it, although I hope you won’t.
I’m 30 years post bleed and surgery .
Are you fully functional now? I hope so

Tim

1 Like

Great news! John

Hi Teiry, I think you got some good news, happy for you. As far as seizure meds, that is something I have plenty of experience with. I’ve had horrendous side effects with kepra, phenobarbitol and dilantin. I’ve had decent control with lamotragine lately. (Until I caught covid, had 2 severe seizures and made the brilliant decision to go off my meds.)
Needless to say, I paid the price for my stupidity.
Anyhow, I hope you find a good med for you that maximizes your quality of life. And I hope that AVM never comes back to challenge you. You definitely don’t need that double whammy of AVM + seizures.
As usual your attitude is magnifico. Be well, Greg

God bless you so much

Congrats Teiry. Wonderful news. I’m sort of looking forward to my next MRI on the second year anniversary of my radiation treatment to see how much my AVM has shrunk.