Shapewear for hiding AVM?

I was wondering if anyone uses shapewear to hide their AVM? My AVM starts at my butt and spreads through my pelvis so one of my butt cheeks is very large compared to the other and my stomach is always very bloated looking, like I’m a few months pregnant, so I get really insecure when I wear anything even remotely form fitting. I didn’t know if it’s safe to wear something that would compress your AVM?

I’m pretty convinced that @Extremity folk find compression wear very helpful to reduce discomfort, never mind self confidence. Sounds like a goer to me.

2 Likes

Hi, generally the advice for extremity AVMs is that compression is good. My AVM is in my arm and I experience a lot of pain including from touch. This means I struggle with anything tight fitting but it is definitely worth you trying. Every doctor I see suggests it again to me but I just can’t. Keep an eye on your symptoms but otherwise it sounds like the positive cosmetic impact along with the fact that it is general advised makes it a winner. I hope it works out for you.

2 Likes

Hi! If you remember, I have a pelvic avm and actually avoid any type of compression on my abdomen at all cost: first of all, because too much walking make me swell like a balloon (visibly) and more importantly because it hurts. Pain is instantaneous in my abdomen and then it also quickly goes down my legs.

However, I do have full leg compression stockings (again not tights because of the above) to help the blood circulate in my legs.

2 Likes

Not exactly my place of expertise at all - and, I’m not even mentioning what I had to use from them for what. My wife used it too after having surgery done.

But, marena shape-wear is the best of its kind - best fitment, period - if that is what you’re looking for. . . The material is super thick & most comfortable it can be.

2 Likes