Seizure

my doc feels that the seizure was just from the trauma of brain surgery, anyone experienced no seizs after being weened from seizs meds? I’m on a decreased dosage now and scared to death this may not work

My husband was weened off his seizure meds 6 months after surgery, had no seizures then and done since being completely off them for one year now.

IT IS STILL YOUR CHOICE NOT TO BE WEENED TOO QUICKLY … IF IT CREATES ANXIETY, THEN I WOULD TELL THE DOC U DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THAT @ THIS TIME! I AM STILL TAKING TEGRETOL XR -800MG TWICE A DAY … I’M USED TO THE MED AND REALLY DO NOT HAVE ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS … YES, I WOULD LIKE TO STOP MED’S ALTOGETHER BUT HAVE NEVER GONE 2 YEARS W/O A SEIZURE … MY SURGERY WAS 28 YEARS AGO! I STILL TAKE THE CRAP … OH WELL

I’ve had three seizures since my AVM bleed. After the first two (on the same day), Docs decided I had epilepsy (hadn’t had my surgery yet, just a couple of embolizations) and added Keppra to the Dilantin I was already taking. Eventually weaned me off the Dilantin. That held for almost 14 months but I had another seizure so my neurologist upped my dosage. So far, so good (Since March). But it is scary, knowing that you could have another seizure at any time