Seizure med adjustment and alcohol levels?

After my latest TC seizure a few weeks ago I looked on epilepsy.com and found a few posts relating to the effects of alcohol and seizure meds. Apparantly the level of medication drops after drinking to a lower level making a seizure more likely. The levels drop 12 to 18 hours after drinking.

Maybe that would explain why I had my last seizure the afternoon after drinking the night before?
l also wondered if I could up my dose the day before to counteract the effects? Has anyone tried this?
1 or 2 drinks are OK and doesn'tt affect the levels, but no more.
My son has type 1 diabetes and he adjusts his insulin when drinking.
Since that seizure I have been put on 1000mg Keppra as well as 500mg Lamical so this may be enough anyway? (Didn't go on Keppra before because I see so much bad comments about side effects but I was persuaded to give it a try)

I think the only one who can give you a good answer on how wise it is to alter your RX level in order to drink is your Doctor.

We were told that it would be better not to drink so as not to affect the anti-seizure meds, or to limit the intake to 1-2 drinks occasionally. To us that was a small sacrifice to avoid seizures.

Of course, you are free to do as you wish.

Ron, KS