Seeking advice about painful intermittent headache over left eye

Could you ask your doctor if you could get some Lorazepam or Diazepam to help you relax when you have it done.?
Hope you’re okay and keep us posted.

Yes they told me they would . I just keep telling myself it’s 40 min and done . I just struggle with aniexty so this makes it worse . But I will make it through. I went through the embolization I can do this

2 Likes

Who you tellin, I live off anxiety now - I was just talking to the wife about this yesterday - I never needed meds of any form before my brain blew out

Some Valium, relax - you’ll b fine < I know it’s not that easy

But, after feeling my brain bleed for a week - well, it is what it is - is kinda how I live my days now

The next day or its health is not promised - we, just need to try our best

Yes I think Valium will help abs I’m on meds now . I was doing great with my anxiety until this avm was found but I’m very lucky mine never bled and so far I’m doing well. The Ct scan showed the embolization is holding great just have 2 little veins to get rid of abs I hope my journey is over . But it will always be in the back of my mind forever.
It definitely changes a person that’s for sure

4 Likes

Sorry I know this isn’t what you want to hear. But I would get it checked out by my NS or hospital. I’m sure they wouldn’t do an angiogram for the sake of it. So if they say you need one I’m afraid you might have to take their advice. Only hydrocephalus has caused me to have headaches. But then I tried all manner of painkillers from paracetamol to codeine. Eventually they all stopped working, but that was due to the cause - CSF pressure - instead… Good luck.

Hi ! I had high dosage radiation and the mask was on. It was so easy and I blasted Beyoncé when they asked what music I wanted to hear during radiation. The mask wasn’t tight during the procedure only during fitting. Please don’t be afraid of that I am a chicken and I breezed through it !

1 Like

Also I didn’t have any real side effects

Thank you so much . I know I just want to get it over with. I have been going through all this for a year now but I’m lucky never had a bleed and most of it was taking care of with the embolization. Thank you for the words of the encouragement.

2 Likes

I know how it feels it’s enough to break you . If I can get through it so can you ! Reach out to me anytime for support. I didn’t have a brain bleed, however I get nervous thinking I could have one after radiation. But then I talk to myself and know that I haven’t so I just have to stop.

1 Like

Thank you so much I appreciate it . It would be nice to have a person to talk to about all this . Thank you and you can always reach out to me too.

1 Like

I guess I am very lucky. I don’t get headaches from my AVM. I get one maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

1 Like

Sorry only just got the notification today about your post. The other email went to my junk folder, even though their address is added.
I think yours doing really well,. Anxiety is not nice to have on top of the AVM! Then all the investigates and treatments and operations we go through!
Good luck with everything, you’re in my thoughts. :heart:
Yes it really is something else to deal with! Glad you can get some Valium. It’s better than having to go through it cold turkey when you’re anxious!

Hello I just got a call from the Dr I am going this coming Monday at 145 . I’m having a half hour of radiation once. I am very scared. But i just want to get it over with and move on with my life . I just got an opportunity to be a vet assistant so I can’t wait to start that . I was just wondering did you feel well
Enough to continue your daily activities after your treatment?

2 Likes

Honestly, the radiotherapy is nothing like you’ve been through already. You’ll be in and out of hospital within a few hours. You’ve done embolisations before than those really take it out of you.

I think you may have a headache after because of the frame but that will go away much quicker than the effects of an embolisation.

You’ll be fine.

Very best wishes,

Richard

Hello yea it’s an outpatient thing . I’m there for approximately 1 hour maybe a little longer . And I’m having the mesh mask not the frame. The mask is rough when I went for my CT scan they had it on me and I almost freaked out after about 15 min . They said they will give me something.
But your right if I can get through the embolization I can do this abs then I’m done!!! I hope for awhile .

1 Like

Tell them how you are with the mask. They may be able to offer you a bit of a sedative.

Other than some check ups, hopefully you’ll be done once this appointment is finished: as my doc said to me “restart normal life”.

:crossed_fingers:t3:

I did and they are going to offer a sedative thank god .
And yes I am looking forward to all of this being done except for checkups . It’s been a year and im over it

1 Like

They take forever to schedule. I wanted to get it done also. This whole thing is a slow process.

Hope radiation went well you will be good for activities may need to rest for a couple
Of days

1 Like

I’m
Having it on Monday the 14 th only a half hour maybe a little leas one session. I’m so so nervous they have me Valium to calm me when I have the mask on I’m very claustrophobic. Wish me luck I hope to have no side effects and to just start living life without this having over my head . Thanks everyone ok keep you posted .

1 Like