Scrolling Facebook

Hey all,

Been a tough month or so, nothing huge, just a lot of “stuff” that’s making it hard to feel good about yourself, good about what you have to do to try to stay healthy, good about being stuck at home and I could go on farther and farther, but I don’t need to.

And then I’m scrolling through Facebook and I had this video “catch my attention.” I started watching it with close captions on (PBS had a Pink Floyd concert on - they were my favorite in high school).

And the more I listened and the more I thought about what he had to say, the more I thought, “He’s talking to me. He made this video just for me.” (I know pretty egocentric of me but you know what I mean).

Good thoughts about goals, about appreciating what you have and being grateful for the fact that a it could be worse.

I think this link should work even if you aren’t on Facebook. If it doesn’t, leave a comment on here and I will see if I can find a different way to get it on here (or maybe one of our wonderful superhero moderators could make it work.)

It’s only a glass of ice tea, but here’s a toast to all of us:

“May God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference”

TJ

https://m.facebook.com/goalcast/videos/travis-mills-never-give-up/3013533742063760/

1 Like

TJ,

I think it’s the same video as this one, for those who prefer not to go on Facebook.

It’s a good story. Every day, life has the opportunity to change direction from what we thought we were following. I agree with Travis that when that happens, having a goal – something to work towards – is a useful thing to avoid the “slough of Despond”.

He’s also got a great sense of humour and a very supportive, resilient wife, I’d say.

Nice share!

Richard

At the end of the day I think we all come to that crossroads at some point in time, we just have to accept what we have and be thankful that it’s not worse; isn’t always easy but it is what it is.
I’m not a religious person but when I was sitting in ICU and starting rehab I just said a prayer to God and said don’t let this get any worse and I’ll just deal with it just give me the strength to do that, and he’s kept his end of the bargain so I keep mine.

1 Like

Yep - same one. Thanks!

1 Like

Mike, If I may be so bold, it sounds like you are a lot more religious than you give yourself credit for - it just might not be the same “religious” as you were “urged” to be at some point in your life. I’m glad you talked to God.

And I’m glad you talk to us.

TJ

2 Likes