Saw my doc today

had my mri done a month ago and met with him today. he said being a year post gamma my scans look good. he could see the avm already starting to scar as he called it. i have another mri in a year and my angiogram 2 years from now. :grin: just wanted my homies to know the good news

6 Likes

Awesome! I remember the day I had my angiogram after my surgery, and I found out it was gone. It was just about the best day of my life.
All the best,
Ella

2 Likes

Kevin,

Sounds like perfectly good news! Keep on keeping on and before you know it, you’ll wonder where that year went!

Thanks for keeping us in your side :slightly_smiling_face:

Richard

Great to hear! Nice to have the time lines for follow up defined. Take Care, John.

i think thats the part that was bothering me the most. yea i dont know if the radiation is doing its thing. but the timeline after, thats the part i wanted to know. how much longer do i have. its so nice and refreshing to know

1 Like

Hi that’s great news. I’ve been so frustrated not knowing how long mine will take to go. They said it could take up to 4 years but that some go after 18months. It’s been 2 years since my gamma knife and after every 6month MRI now, I feel so upset that it hasn’t gone. Knowing yours is definitely 3 years means you can stay focused on your goal. All the best.

18 months is really quick to have an avm gone, they must have had a sorta high dose of radiation. why are you having to do mri’s every 6 months? the amount of time it takes for an avm to go away really does suck, but when i get down i just think that im lucky to be alive so every day after the pop (as i call it) is a blessing

Hi, yes you’re so right and a good reminder to be grateful to be here, which I am but sometimes the disappointment takes over. It will definitely help me to focus on that next time, thank you. I have more MRIs because they also found a benign brain tumour! which they are monitoring for any growth! And my next mission to maybe try to get rid of! Take care. Gill

gotcha, thays one thing i was scared of when they started looking into my head was more crap to be wrong.