Sadness

As some of you know, I lost a dear friend this week. Jeru was one of the best people I have ever known, and was a great source of joy and support in my life at all times, and especially with the AVM diagnosis. He was a great artist and an incredibly giving and loyal person. I was 16 or 17 when we met...now I am left as just one half of all the inside jokes we used to laugh at. When I last saw him, a week and a half before he unexpectedly passed, he told me that we never say goodbye, and that we would go on forever. I can't express how much my heart is aching.

I’m so sorry for your loss, Marilyn.

Dear Marilyn:

My heart goes out to you now as you experience this profound loss of your friend. I guessyou can relish in the all the wonderful memories you two enjoyed as comrades. I can’t begin to imagine the magnitude of your emotion because I have yet that to happen to me. However, I will lift you in prayer so that you gather strength and bask in the good times shared with Jeru. Keep the Faith and know when God allows one door to close, he allows another one to open. Much peace and grace for you, Nora

Dear Marilyn
I know how dreadful and overwhelming the sadness can be.
Take care.
with love, Soili

DearMarilyn,
I just learned about you friend and i am to familar with the pain of loosing some one so dear! My heart and condolences go out to you and all those lives he touched. The pain never goes away but it get replaced with memories of all you shared. With time! Life is so hard at time’s like these. Just know you have a friend in me! I have worked with Hospice lost both my parents and brother all with in 18 months of each other and am in the process of loosing another brother. so please I know that at time like this the pain seem unbearable but I’m sure he would not want you to be sad for him. he is always with you.
You have a friend in me…donna

I’m so sorry Marilyn- my heart goes out to you
dulcey

Marilyn, found the following very helpful when someone close to me passed away.

Thinking of you. X

Death is nothing at all

I have only slipped away into the next room

I am I and you are you

Whatever we were to each other

That we are still

Call me by my old familiar name

Speak to me in the easy way you always used

Put no difference into your tone

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow

Laugh as we always laughed

At the little jokes we always enjoyed together

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me

Let my name be ever the household word that it always was

Let it be spoken without effort

Without the ghost of a shadow in it

Life means all that it ever meant

It is the same as it ever was

There is absolute unbroken continuity

What is death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind

Because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you for an interval

Somewhere very near

Just around the corner

All is well.

Nothing is past; nothing is lost

One brief moment and all will be as it was before

How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Canon Henry Scott-Holland, 1847-1918, Canon of St Paul’s Cathedral

Hi Marilyn, I am sorry for your friend, as I said, friends are a treasure. People say we don´t chose family members but we do chose our friends, so just really special people are to be called friends. I love what Soili wrote above. Everytime you think of him, pray, you and him will feel better. Love to you.