rREGAINING HAND FUNCTION AFTER STROKE

HASANYONE SUFFORED A STROKE AND REGAINED USE OF HAND AND FINGERS?

I'VE TRIED SAEBOFLEX FOR LAST 6 MONTHS 1K BALLS A DAY,DIDN'T WORK

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

My wife had a bleed Mar5 this year with AVM that caused a stroke. Her right side was affected along with her hands and fingers. It has been about 3 weeks now and she has about 85% of her mobility in her fingers back. Therapy is very important to get the brain to recognize the fingers again. Good Luck and don’t give up.

Thanks Andy, I had my AVM bleed almost 2 years ago with no return of mobility or strength to the left hand yet(Although I am Jealous of her (recovery)The 85% is exciting news, being that I only hve achieved about 5% recovery to the hand in 2 years!We use an e-stim, I guess I need to check out this other therapy you mention? Details please?

Nothing special, just e times a week with occupational therapy,physical and speech therapy. Don’t give up.

Nicole L. Hulbert said:

Thanks Andy, I had my AVM bleed almost 2 years ago with no return of mobility or strength to the left hand yet(Although I am Jealous of her (recovery)The 85% is exciting news, being that I only hve achieved about 5% recovery to the hand in 2 years!We use an e-stim, I guess I need to check out this other therapy you mention? Details please?

Hi Jeff,

My stroke in June 2005 left me completely paralysed down the left side of my body - doubly damning as I am left-handed in writing and all sports, etc.
I am a computer and English teacher, so spent the next year being bloody-minded about carrying on my teaching in China and Thailand by adapting as best I could to using my right body functions. No medicine seemed to help, and I just obsessed on physio until I regained approx 50% function within a year. Now, nearly 6 years later, I write right-handed now, have limited strength to peck out letters on my keyboard, but continue to 'force' my left hand to participate. My walking is pretty much back to normal, but I still tire quite easily.
For me, constant physio, simple left body dexterity tasks every occasion possible and lots of bloody-minded/refusal to give in works for me.
I am certainly no Superman, but genuinely believe that, teeny steps became diddy steps became slow progress......Quitting is never an option.

'Think' it as you 'Do' it, Jeff.....every way that you can, every day that you try.
I sincerely wish you the continued Will and Belief you know that you have to succeed....little by little....minute by minute if necessary......hour by hour....day by day.....
Kind regards,
Paul