Returning to the Hospital

Yesterday, I had an appointment in a building across from the hospital where I had the craniotomy and spent a month after my AVM burst. Four long years ago. After the appointment I visited the therapy area where I had physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
My memories of that time are hazy, like remembering something from a dream. I had to ask directions as to where to find the therapy area. It was late in the afternoon, so there were not many people around. I did see my speech therapist, but I did not remember her. I just know a woman was my speech therapist, beyond that, it was a blank. I only knew it as her because they checked computer records of that time. Another person was there who said she knew me, but I did not remember her at all. This lack of memory just made it more important to have visited--I thanked them for their help, a very sincere thanks. I am deeply appreciative of the care-givers, but wish I could remember them.
I went up to the brain injury area of the hospital, where I had spent a month, but there was no one who worked there when I was a patient. Given what happened in the therapy area, I may not have remembered them. As I left and was walking away, a wave of emotion came over me as I thought about how hopeless I felt at that time. That is something I do remember.
Bless the care-givers, and forgive us for not remembering the names and faces of those who helped us.

I had a similar experience, as I’m sure others have. The professional caregivers are unsung heroes. It’s hard to comprehend unless you’ve been under their care.

I remember one in particular who was a night shift worker who changed my sheets more nights than I can remember. She was very kind, and assured me that the difficult time I was having would pass.

I agree with you - bless the caregivers.

Like you, my time in Rehab is very hazy in my memory.

However, after I went home I continued with Speech Therapy for 2 years with a wonderful lady who became a friend. Now, she is working on my Granddaughter's speech issue and only charging me 1/2 price because of the friendship we created.

Life is good!

I went back to the rehab unit where I had spent a month following my bleed and crani. It had been only a few months and I remembered everyone. My favorite nurse wasn't there, he had moved out of state. I remember being so sad that I couldn't thank him for all he did for me. All of the therapists were there though and I thanked them and the rest of the nurses that were there. I had the best nurses and assistants! They were very impressed with my progress, which I attributed to the care they had given me. I would like to go back again some day. I'm not sure anyone would remember me. I'm not sure I would remember their names, but I won't forget their faces.

I went back to my hospital a few months after my operation, and I really thought
that it would trigger some memories, but it did not. I was shown my room, and the
the floor I was on, but it was weird to have zero memories. There are about 4 weeks
of my life when I was so ill with my AVM and cerebral bleed that it is totally gone
but it is OK. I am back and my current memory is OK, and I am alive. Life is good.