Results of cerebral angiogram(s)

Hey all, I haven't been as involved as I probably should be, but my case has been complicated by neuropathy cauused by ulnar entrapment and severe migraines that I've spent most of my time trying to get diagnosed and treated. Yesterday I had my 2nd cerebral angiogram. The first one the doc couldn't work his way to the left side of my brain from the right wrist and I was not tolerating the procedure well after that 3 1/2 hours. Yesterday he was able to access the entire right side through the wrist and get a good view of what was happening. He discovered, well, nothing and everything. The affected blood vessels have pretty much blown apart (for lack of a better term on my part). There is no connection left and no sign of any other malformation. I don't know what the future holds, but it at least I now have some information. It has been a long 8 months since my bleed.

I also got the diagnosis of migraines this week, I had no idea that the confusion and aphasia, inability to do simple tasks (like walk) and the getting lost in my own home could be brought about by migraine headaches. Truth be told, the headache portion of the migraines is so minimal for me that it is hardly more than an annoyance. The wierd "light shows" were much more annoying for me. I started Topomax tonight, so hopefully they will be kept at bay in the future.

I still have to worry about if I will have a job when I get my final release, I am really worried that my employer won't find a place for me, but at least I can start to put some of this behind me.

I want to say thanks to everybody who posts here, I may not be involved in posting, but I have spent a lot of time reading what everyone has written. It has all been very helpful to me. Bless each and every one of you, never give up.

I hope it's the end of the migraines for you!

If you get resistance from your employer when you're ready to go back to work, don't hesitate to get HR involved (if there is HR at your company) and mention the Americans With Disabilities Act. My husband's employers were very unwilling to allow him extra leave for his brain surgery until he did this; at that point, they changed their tune and accommodated him to the extent of the law.

I hope you stick around and keep posting if you feel like it...some of the most helpful people on here are going through the process right now, and others are years and years past their treatment. Even as you put some of this behind you, we can still learn from your experience and your insights if you choose to post!