Resection

Hi all! So I am having my resection tomorrow. Just waiting for a call from the hospital to tell me what time to be there at this evening! Feeling a little anxious now! I’ve kept myself very calm and positive the last few days! I suppose now its very real! But hopefully this time tomorrow i’ll have it done and be in recovery!

2 Likes

I know what you mean. My experience of going into hospital, just as worried as you about what the outcomes would be, was that nobody in hospital expects you to be comfortable with the idea of an operation. But they are going to look after you as well as anyone can. You don’t need to do anything. They will just guide you through the day.

The most positive view I took of it was that I was going on holiday somewhere nice and warm, with free food, for a few days. I’d get waited on hand and foot and they would look after me all the way. And that’s what they did. Oh, and the drugs/painkillers worked perfectly.

I’m quite sure we worry more than is good for us to worry about these things. Put worry out of your mind. When was the last time you had some time off from working or doing everything round the house and people looked after you? Ages, I should think.

No point thinking about the bad stuff. You’re going to get looked after for a few days. Marvelously.

Hope some of this helps. Very best wishes,

Richard

Thanks so much 4 that reply! I have 2 say once its all done i wont mind a few days 2 relax! I’m jst so worried about what may go wrong! Worst case scenario running through my head right now. I think though its minimal risk as its never ruptured and consultant says its not in ‘an awkward area’. I just hope i’m back home to my 2 babies soon!

1 Like

If you can, put it out of your mind. It’s completely normal to worry about stuff like this but what can you do about it? Almost nothing. Do some great hydration today so you’re as well set up as you can be for tomorrow. Otherwise, I implore you to put worries out of your mind.

Is it important to do the op? :heavy_check_mark:
Do you trust the people looking after you? :heavy_check_mark:
Have you eaten and drunk and fasted properly? :heavy_check_mark:
Have you got a book or something to do while you wait? :heavy_check_mark:

Good luck tomorrow! Distract yourself as best you can until then.

Lots of love,

Richard

A big welcome from me, and wishing you all the best tomorrow. Great that it hasn’t ruptured and not in an awkward area, that is great. We look forward to hearing form you in a few days. Take Care, John.

1 Like

Sending prayers your way & speedy recovery… God bless!

1 Like

Wishing u the best!

Possibly in past tense & everything went well

Our prayers are with you :slight_smile:

Hoping all went as planned and your recovery has begun! Thinking of you and your family. John