Remembering Marlene Struckman

My mother and avm member, Marlene Struckman passed away last week. She was taken to the ER over 2 weeks ago and the doctor found a small bleed that had stopped bleeding. She was scheduled for a test the next morning to see if there were any veins that needed fixed. But 3 hours later she suffered a catastrophic bleed In her brain. There was no chance of recovery. So, we made the difficult decision to put her on hospice. In just under 2 weeks, she passed away with her loving family around her. I never left the hospital in the entire time she was in there. Tomorrow would have been her birthday. She is most definitely missed by all who knew her. Thanks for your support during the last couple of years.

I wish you family, friends and love during this sad time.

beans

Praying for you and your family during this difficult time

Jamie, I was a friend of your Mom's on this Network. Deepest sympathy to your entire family.

I'm so sorry for your loss Jamie. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Jamie, please accept my condolences. I'm sorry to hear about your mother.
Wishing you comfort and healing. *Hugs*

My deepest condolences to you and all of her loved ones. I pray you all find grace and comfort in one another during this difficult time.

I’m sorry for your loss, Jamie. You, your mother, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you peace and healing, Jamie. I am sorry for your loss.

wishing you and your family well during this difficult time xx

Sending some hugs and prayers for your family and you.

My thoughts are with you.

If my mom’s death can help any of you, then maybe some lives may be saved. Mom complained relentlessly about having sinus headaches. I tried telling her that it was related to her avm. As her headaches increased, her memory decreased. She was losing interest in things she used to enjoy. I finally convinced her to see her doctor. She was to help me make the appointment just before this happened. So, please, if you have one in your head and are experiencing headaches, personality changes, or memory problems (or maybe your family and friends see it but you don’t) get it checked! If the doctor tries to dismiss it, get another opinion. My mother that passed away was not the same mother I had for most my life. This avm changed all of that. But, given its size and location, I am grateful to have had her for a mother at all. But please, don’t dismiss your family when they say you are changing. I know anger was my mom’s defense mechanism… Anger doesn’t fix the problem.
Thanks for your time and for your condolences.

Hope u and ur family find peace and love during thoe time

condolences to you and your family

Oh no.... I am so sorry