"rehab"

It’s funny how when something happens to you, everybody comes out of every corner. It happened to me…

REHAB:
While I was in rehab, I could go home after therapy and come back “before 9pm”-a “rule” that was never enforced, nor did I care to follow it. One Wednesday, around this time +/-915PM, my brother (Regis2) was driving me back to the hospital. Out of ALL the things that could happen, we had an accident with none other than TPD My brother rear-ended a cop car It was not his fault; we were going +/-45, the cop decided to make a u-turn- but he did NOT accelerate. Pretty much we hit a standing vehicle at 45! Thank God for seat belts! I remember how hard we hit the cop car- it was not pretty. My brother was really worried, to say the least. When I got out of the car, I was angry- because my brother had to call my parents to come pick us up…they were blaming my brother and I had little vocabulary even at this date. The only thing I could do was point at the wrecked car, point at the officer and then put my arms around my brother in a shielding manner. It worked… It’s funny how years later you recall these events and they make you laugh, at least me. Had I not been wearing my seat belt, who knows…
After the six week (YES, I SPENT MY 18TH BIRTHDAY IN REHAB), the released me. I have to say, I was well taken care of =) I do HAVE to owe all to my DRs and therapists!!

I was out of work for nine months- that was it!