Recovery from Brain Haemorrhage

Dear All,

I had a hemorrhagic stroke in March this year due to an AVM bleed. Since the bleed I have suffered from issues with concentration, focus, awareness and occasionally issues with short term memory.... It's been pretty difficult to operate myself and maintain relationships with my family due to my personality changes since my avm bleed in the brain!!

I am trying to pursue a claim through Critical Illness Insurance which I've had for over a year and a bit prior to the hell I went through due to an AVM in the brain!!

B.

Hi Bhav :):)

I'd be really interested to know how you're doing with the side effects of the AVM/treatment. I see your post is an old but I've just come across it. I was suffering the same effects and had an impossible task trying to get a doctor to even consider an investigation, they simply weren't interested I had to write to the Welsh assembly complaining about everyone in order to get the tests that finally confirmed the AVM had caused considerable brain damage. Look up executive dysfunction and see how much you can relate to. The best doctor to see about your problems would be a neuro-psychiatrist as they are well equipped to test all brain function to see where the deficits are. They can also provide explanations to help your family come to terms with how you are so they be more understanding and supportive. I really hope things are going well for you :):):)

Good luck with your critical illness claim, I too am trying to do this at the moment. I wish you a full and speedy recovery from your AVM/Bleed. Its at times like these that you appreciate friends and family most, I'm not sure how I would have coped without the support of my wife and parents. I'm making a very good recovery so far but still awaiting treatment for the active brain AVM that has already bled once :( only side affect I have at the moment are headaches and a tiny numb patch on my right leg, If I may ask who is your critical illness policy with ? Thanks.