Recovering post surgery

Hi Mary,

I really appreciate that! You certainly are a marvel and you HAVE been incredibly strong! You are totally right that it is all relevant! I think that every time I start to get down! We are all challenged in life and I certainly appreciate your support and prayers!

Take care,
V
Mary Goodwin said:

Vera-

I can't imagine the emotions you're feeling as you prepare for not only a life-saving surgery, but for a coma. You seem so poised and calm; I wish I had that strength. Something I had to do each and every day leading up to my surgery was seeing the end from the beginning. Thinking about how I cry when I have no shoes, but then I see the man with no feet. Never looking at what I don't have so I can only see what I do have. Aiming to do that as much as possible provided me with the necessary motivation and perseverance. YOU CAN DO THIS. I didn't know if I would wake up at all, or stroke free or without paralyzation. At that point, I realized what I truly needed; my family and my faith. These are the only things you'll have under the knife and in the coma. Remain resilient in your heart and in your mind; your brain will be ten times as strong. I truly will be praying for every comfort and success you need.

Hi Vera

MY son's surgery was two and a half week ago. His AVM was in the right frontal lobe. He had an embolization the day before surgery and made the surgery much easier and smoother. The first two days was horrible; he was not himself and was on like ten different types of drugs. His eyes and face were swallon and he can barely open his eyes. He was not in induced coma. After one week, he's ok and you really notice the daily improvements after 5 to 6 days. Vera, be positive and you will be ok after one week. God Bless!

Hi Lillian!
Thank goodness your son is doing so well now and thank you for your advice! I know things will look pretty rough right after and wish my family wouldn’t have to see me for the first few days. In some ways it’s harder on the family than the patient:)
Take care,
Vera

Lillian said:

Hi Vera

MY son's surgery was two and a half week ago. His AVM was in the right frontal lobe. He had an embolization the day before surgery and made the surgery much easier and smoother. The first two days was horrible; he was not himself and was on like ten different types of drugs. His eyes and face were swallon and he can barely open his eyes. He was not in induced coma. After one week, he's ok and you really notice the daily improvements after 5 to 6 days. Vera, be positive and you will be ok after one week. God Bless!

Vera said:

Hi Lillian!
Thank goodness your son is doing so well now and thank you for your advice! I know things will look pretty rough right after and wish my family wouldn't have to see me for the first few days. In some ways it's harder on the family than the patient:)
Take care,
Vera

Lillian said:

Hi Vera

Vera

You are right. It is harder on the family and friends than yourself cos you probably will not remember a thing. My son did not rememeber all those horrible moments at the critical care unit. Did your doc estimated your recovery time?

Vera, remember, you will be a normal person again after the surgery. All the best

Lillian said:

Vera said:
Hi Lillian!
Thank goodness your son is doing so well now and thank you for your advice! I know things will look pretty rough right after and wish my family wouldn't have to see me for the first few days. In some ways it's harder on the family than the patient:)
Take care,
Vera

Lillian said:

Hi Vera

Hi Lillian:)
Unfortunately we don’t know. It all depends on the surgery itself. Often patients are discharged fairly quickly, but it will just depend on how things go in the OR. I have a lot of faith in my neurosurgeon and am hoping for the best!

Take care,
V

Lillian said:

Vera

You are right. It is harder on the family and friends than yourself cos you probably will not remember a thing. My son did not rememeber all those horrible moments at the critical care unit. Did your doc estimated your recovery time?

Vera, remember, you will be a normal person again after the surgery. All the best

Lillian said:

Vera said:
Hi Lillian!
Take care,
Vera

Lillian said:

Hi Vera