Recommending Dr. Saadi Ghatan in New York City

I want to recommend a fabulous neurosurgeon in NYC: Dr. Ghatan. He's double-boarded, in both neurosurgery and pediatric neurosurgery. He did my craniotomy last June. In addition to being a really good surgeon, he's a wonderful person. He took - and continues to take - time to answer every last question you have. And he works with the interventional radiologists Dr. Berenstein and Dr. Fifi.

Dr. Berenstein has been operating on my daughter for 16yrs now. The last procedure she had Dr. Ghatan was also a part of. Amazing team!!!!!!

Dr. Ghatan, Dr. Berenstein, and Dr. Fifi have all operated on me to save my life and now my AVM has been removed. All amazing doctors!

Is his name Alejandro Berestein?

Yes, it's Dr. Alejandro Berenstein that I mean.

We are considering Dr Ghatan and Dr Berenstein for our son's avm removal - surgery

Dear Rosemary,

Dr. Berenstein is the world's best at interventional treatment of AVMs. You can't do better than him. Dr. Ghatan is also fabulous; I can't say enough good things about him.If you search the internet you can find and download NY Med season 2 episode 6, which features both of them.(Depends how much you want to see in advance - not gory, but you may find it hits too close to home right now.) I'm glad to be in touch with you directly, either on web or by phone. Send me a friend request if you want to do that.

Beth

Thanks Beth. I knew all about Berenstein but hadn’t heard of Ghatan until I met him. We didn’t think it was possible to have his surgery in NYC so I’m thrilled

Rosemary,

I hope it all works out for you and your son.
Do you have surgery scheduled yet?

I hope you end up being as pleased with Dr. Ghatan as I have been. (Have a follow-up appointment next month).

Beth

One year later I am thrilled to report that Dr Ghatan removed my son’s avm and Dr Berenstein embolized it prior

Congratulations, Rosemary, on the success of your son's surgery. Bernstein and Ghatan are a fantastic team.
Beth