Radiation surgery tomorrow

Hey everyone! Just a little update: tomorrow I am going into Roswell Park to have my radiation surgery and i was wondering if anyone has any comments to let me know what to expect for tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)

Good Luck Mary, but I don't think you will need it. I had the CyberKnife radiation surgery on June 7th of this year with no problems. I had the radiation on Thursday and returned to work on Monday, you will probably be on steroids for a few days post procedure to reduce or prevent swelling and then wait for one to three years for results. Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you.

Hi Mary. I just said a quick prayer for you. Good Luck tomorrow!

Hi Mary,
wishing you all the best for tomorrow. My 15 year old daughter is having radiation surgery too in a few weeks, please let me know how you get on.

Lisa xxxx

Hi Mary,

I'm scheduled for my Cyberknife radiation next week, and I used to work in the radiation department where I'm having my treatment. What to expect is going to depend on what kind of radiosurgery you're having (Gamma knife, Cyberknife, Novalis, etc) and where your AVM is located. I'm very familiar with Cyberknife, but not so much with the other types of radiosurgery. Like Judy B said though, don't be surprised if you're on steroids for preventive measures for a few days after.

Wishing you lots of luck and sending positive vibes your way!!

Wishing you luck , Mary. You will be fine - keep on being the strong positive person you are.

I have to gamma knives done at Roswell myself Mary! Let us know how you are doing! Prayers as I had a few bumps in the road after both of my treatments. The halo is the worst part mostly when it comes off I think. And then I guess the anigo is never fun but you have already have that done before! Best of luck for recovery!!! I also hated that I couldnt use my hairspray for days lol. Have to laugh and have some fun right :) Hugs Andrea p.s Im from Tonawanda so its nice to have an avm buddy in the area :)

Wish u best of luck...stay strong and take care - everything will be ok XXXX

Hi Mary, Best of luck, stay positive which you sound like you already are which is fanastic. I had radiosurgery nearly 3 years ago and now my AVM is gone. Keep smiling :)

Good luck, Mary! Make sure they feed you well. I was starving when it was all over. ha ha