Pregnancy

Hello.
I’m new to the group. I’m heavily pregnant with my second child. I have a small facial avm below my left eye. It has gotten so much worse this time around than it did with my first pregnancy.
I’m struggling to find much about facial avms and pregnancy and my doctor doesn’t know a lot about them and isn’t concerned about it.
Do you know of any risks involved with avm and pregnancy/delivery that I can bring to my doctor to get looked at before delivery?
Thank you

Welcome Shauna. I think you’ll find this site a tremendous support and source of information with a great deal of varied experiences. I have a brain AVM so can’t relay any experience i respect to the facial AVM but there is many people here who should be able to chime in. There is a facial AVM group you can also post within and may prompt more responses.

https://avmsurvivors.org/c/types-of-avms/facial-avm

A warm welcome to you, and your soon to arrive baby! Take Care, John

Thank you John!
I will post on there now :slight_smile:

Hi Shauna. Mine’s a brain AVM so not the same thing at all. But during one of my pregnancies I had elevated symptoms of something neurological going on ie very bad headaches and sickness for a number of months. I was advised to give birth by C-Section due to the pressure of labour on my AVM. I’m afraid I don’t know if this is the same for other AVMs though.

Lulu x

Hi lulu.
Thank you for getting back to me.
That sounds horrible, sorry you had to go through that.
I will ask my doctor if she feels a natural labour will put pressure on my avm because at the moment I’m scheduled for a home birth.
Thanks again :slight_smile: x

Shauna

I do think pregnancy makes everything come under greater pressure. I remember a couple of ladies swapping notes on pregnancy a few weeks ago. See also here.

Hope this helps,

Richard