Post surgery issues

I had my avm removed in February and recovered relatively fast. Over the past two months the problems that I had before the craniotomy have come back and gotten progressively worse. I thought when the avm was removed things were fixed. Any thoughts?

What kind of problems? If it s headaches, that makes sense. I never had headaches til after my bleed/craniotomy

Severe headaches, dizziness, lighthesdedness, problems focusing, etc. These are problems I had before, luckily no seizures again.

My fiance just had surgery on Augest 18, 2010. He was feeling okay until he went back to work 4 weeks later. He is feeling overwelmed by daily activities. Any thoughts? Thank-You!

He should take it easy. Going back to work full time so fast after such surgery is pushing it. It was about 7 weeks for me and I worked half time for two weeks. I think back and I should have done it slower.

When such a larger surgery is done to the brain, things will work differently. It will not be easy and the patient needs to work carefully to keep under control. Friends and family willl have to help. There is no choice.

Thank-You for responding! He has decieded to take two more weeks off of work as he was starting to get overwelmed by everything! His doctor now has took him off of his seizure meds. He thinks it was making things worse!

Al said:

He should take it easy. Going back to work full time so fast after such surgery is pushing it. It was about 7 weeks for me and I worked half time for two weeks. I think back and I should have done it slower.

When such a larger surgery is done to the brain, things will work differently. It will not be easy and the patient needs to work carefully to keep under control. Friends and family willl have to help. There is no choice.