We're limited to ONE???? What if I got PLENTY of positives???
1. Christmas with my kids and their significant others (one married this fall, one next July)
2. Christmas with my bride of 34 years.
3. Attending a Christmas play for kids at my Son's church. I was bouyed up by all the young couples I saw hugging not only their friends, but each of their friends' kids. The hugs weren't the short obligatory hugs, but extended ones where you could tell these people were true friends forever. Love was all around!
4. Thankful for all my blessings, which seem endless.
5. Thankful that I was able to work our local Operation Holiday, collecting, sorting, boxing, and distributing enough food for about 1,000 people. And every kid under 14 got several toys.
6. Thankful that my wife only has TWO more chemo treatments. YIPPPPEEEE! This has been a LONG year.
7. Thankful for all our friends who sat with us during three surgeries, 10 chemos (so far), and brought dinners in for us. Every week, Chari received get well cards from friends..............
8. Thankful that the Mayean calendar prediction didn't work out for them (grin).
9. Thankful for the men and women who serve our country in far off lands, as well as police, firefighters, and medical personnel who step up every day.
10. Guess I need to stop at 10. For all my friends and future friends at Ben's network, those that are thrust into a medical tailspin when they hear the news "AVM" or _______. I'm thankful we are here to offer a listening ear--something that was not available to us when we first heard those awful words.
God Bless, Merry Christmas.