Please help me!

My daughter is in the middle of fighting to get this monstor out of her head! She has had 3 embolizations with #4 scheduled for Jan. 11. She came home from college yesterday and finally had her first melt down, she asked me why people tell her to be thankful and to just live her life? Knowing that this avm could rupture at anytime as its being treated. She said to me "mom how am I supposed to live when the Dr. says I cant do anything?" Erin used to dance 6 days a week, work out and was extremly active. Now she says I cant do anything, no dance no hot tub, I cant even fly anywhere. How do I live if i cant do anything? She is so frustrated getting winded after just walking up 2 flights of stairs. Something so foriegn to her. She has gained weight and says she feels like she cant even be a normal 20 yr. old college student. What do I do? What can I say? I feel so helpless! Isnt mom supposed to be able to make everything all better? Please tell me how I can help to ease her pain
Thanks
Lisa

Lisa, I feel so badly for both of you! My friend sent this to me and I'm sending to you and Erin.

Positive energy

I ask the universe/angels to surround those that

need positive energy in white, healing light.

Hi Lisa. I have no doubts that Erin is frustrated. It is amazing she has not had a meltdown before now. Please remind Erin that weight can be lost later on. She will not always have this monster in her head. She has a loving family who cares about her. Some of the young people on here are going through this ordeal all alone. She still has her cognitive thinking capabilities. If she wants to have a primal scream…we will all join in with her!

Hi Lisa - I don't have kids, but I think that it's important for your daughter to do what makes her happy and pursue that - no matter what.

Hi again Lisa - here's a quote that I blogged:

For anyone going through a change of some kind... “Much of the pain in life comes from having a life plan that you've fallen in love with, and when it doesn't work out you become angry that you now have to pursue a new life plan. If you want to tame your inner demons, you must not become too attached to any particular life plan, and remain open to there being an even better, happier life plan.”

- Karen Salmansohn, best selling author

Hi Lisa I'm 33 and found out about my AVM when I was in my 20's,I know what your daughter is going through.Anger and melt downs are very normal sometimes I think it does us good to just get it out.She will be able to to all those things again just not right now thats what I had to get use to.After a few embolizations and Gamma knife I was able to fly again and I now can do most (not all) of the things I have done before I found out.I also gained a few pounds after but now I'm back to my high school weight :) I just started eating right and cut out junk (soda,chips..etc) that is someting she can do now.Tell her those are little things but right now to her they are big things and it is very normal to feel the way she feels.I know you want to make everything all better,your a mom you kissed cuts and scrapes comforted your daughter after bad dreams..etc The best thing to do is just be there when she needs to vent,cry scream..etc just let her know she is not alone and some day this will all be behind her..Also let her know even tho there are alot of things she can't do there are many things she can do..

Thank you everyone! just knowing you are out there helps!