Patience and faith

I think the greatest thing I have learned on this journey is patience. God has truly tested me and made my husband and I think about what is valuable to us. On December 16th Nico wil have his Angio we have been waiting for this moment for two years since his radiosurgery. As the date slowly moves closer, I am over runned with a emotion. I am rembering all of the feeling I had when we were first diagnosed. I remember the lonely nights in the childrens ward wondering if my son was going to make it threw. I remember my faith deeping in the Lord because there was nobody to talk but him at 2am while Iwatching my son sleep. I know all the feelings I am having is completely normal. Although I haven’t shared much on this blog I am thankful that I was able to log on and realize that I wasn’t alone. Thank you all for being here. Wish us luck…I keep all of you in my prayers.

Nico is in my prayers, Mickie. I sure do hope that you get a great report on De. 16th!

Hi mickie…i know exactly how you’re feeling…it’s tough as a parent to not have the ability to just take the pain away…if it helps praying to the Lord is whats been getting me through…i would tell myself that this is all a part of God’s will for Nathan…the Lord is in control of all things…here are some scriptures that i’ve been meditating the past week

Psalm 143

1 O LORD, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.

2 Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you.

3 The enemy pursues me,
he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in darkness
like those long dead.

4 So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed.

5 I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done.

6 I spread out my hands to you;
my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Selah

7 Answer me quickly, O LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.

8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.

9 Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
for I hide myself in you.

10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.

11 For your name’s sake, O LORD, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.

jeremiah 17
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for you are the one I praise.

psalm 143 is what i would read every time i feel doubt, anxiety and stress…and in the bible it says “cast your cares upon the Lord because he cares for you” He knows exactly how we’re feeling and understands that we’re only human and cannot help but feel these kinds of emotions…everything will be okay…we just need to put our trust in Him.